Dr. Karen Fong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

July 13th, 2015
Nice, But Dangerous!
I used to love Dr. Fong and believed she was an excellent doctor, but I think perhaps she has lost her focus on medicine, and is making errors in judgement. She prescribed a medication for me that made me very ill and refused to acknowledge the correlation between my symptoms and her prescription. Here's the story... When prescribing the medication, she did not discuss any of the side effects, and I ended up having all of them, except one. I shared the debilitating symptoms I was having, and she never made the connection between my symptoms and the medication she prescribed-despite me repeatedly asking if there was a correlation. Instead, she told me it was anxiety and my symptoms were panic attacks. She prescribed anxiety medication and referred me to another doctor. That doctor confirmed I was having an allergic reaction to the medication she prescribed, and once I stopped taking it, all symptoms disappeared. When I returned to Dr. Fong to tell her the good news about the other doctor's report, and discovering why I was so ill, she continued denying her prescription was the cause. I am a very healthy person and I have never had any prior health issues, so the symptoms I was having were very atypical and, in my opinion, should have warranted at least a little research on her part. Furthermore, I learned from a specialist that the other medication options she gave me in lieu of the one that I was obviously allergic to were not appropriate medications for my situation. Her lack of acknowledgement and the inappropriate medication alternatives she gave me seem to demonstrate a lack of focus/effort in medicine, incompetence or pride in the belief she could never be wrong-all of which make her unsafe for her patients. Her bedside manner is great, but I don't think she is the doctor she used to be. Be careful and pay close attention if you decide to continue seeing her!

March 17th, 2015
Very nice office staff, and love the doctor. Spends time and makes you feel comfortable

February 2nd, 2015
I had a routine check up. She was very thorough and easy to talk with, answered all questions.

March 4th, 2011
Dr. Fong has been an excellent diagnostician and is very conservative in prescribing medications for me. She takes her time to listen, question, and work on a game plan that fits my lifestyle and family situation. I have great confidence in her remaining quite current re: recent research, medications, and lifestyle options. I am comfortable referring friends and family to her.

January 6th, 2011
Dr. Karen Fong
Long wait time in office (over an hour). Long wait time just to get an appointment (2 to 3 weeks). Likes to prescribe pills even when you make lifestyle changes to avoid medication. Prescribes medications that are contraindicated with medications currently taking. Office staff very uncooperative. Phone calls not returned for days. Don't criticize or you will not be able to get an appointment with her again ... and the PA is not worth seeing.BUT ... she is personable and if you like taking medication without regard to possible adverse interactions/side effects, and don't mind an incompetent office staff, then she would be a good doctor for you.

December 1st, 2010
Quality Care
Started seeing Dr. Fong this year as our family's primary doctor. She has been nothing but professional, cordial and thorough in her exams in my opinion. She also has a great bedside manner and my two year old son loves her!I do have to admit that it is kind of hard to get appointments in a timely fashion but I assume that due to her quality of care she is in high demand. Her staff does seem a bit stretched thin in their duties but in this economy who isn't suffering from that a bit.Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Fong to anyone who was looking for a great internist or pediatrician.

November 16th, 2010
Dr. Fong is caring and committed. She has always responded to my needs and has been excellent. I highly recommend her

August 31st, 2010
Lousy Service
Seems no more interested in the patient than giving a prescription. Office staff is clueless and doesn't take any time to actually look at records. Does not keep up to date. Needs constant push from patient to do their job - poorly. Karen herself might be ok, but her office sucks. Does not follow up on anything. No problem with renewing prescriptions, just doesn't follow up on anything.

May 10th, 2010
Overall, awful.
Dr. Fong rushed in 45 late, gave me a very cursory examination, was rude, condescending, and worst of all - half-way through told me she'd be right back, then sent her assistant in who couldn't answer my questions and sent me on my way. UNPROFESSIONAL. Also - after switching doctors, I find out she was wrong. So also inaccurate.