Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Internists, Pediatrician

1241 Johnson Ave
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
805-242-4455
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

Dr. Fong has been an excellent diagnostician and is very conservative in prescribing medications for me. She takes her time to listen, question, and work on a game plan that fits my lifestyle and family situation. I have great confidence in her remaining quite current re: recent research, medications, and lifestyle options. I am comfortable referring friends and family to her.

|  Dr. Karen Fong  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Long wait time in office (over an hour). Long wait time just to get an appointment (2 to 3 weeks). Likes to prescribe pills even when you make lifestyle changes to avoid medication. Prescribes medications that are contraindicated with medications currently taking. Office staff very uncooperative. Phone calls not returned for days. Don't criticize or you will not be able to get an appointment with her again ... and the PA is not worth seeing.BUT ... she is personable and if you like taking medication without regard to possible adverse interactions/side effects, and don't mind an incompetent office staff, then she would be a good doctor for you.

|  Quality Care  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

Started seeing Dr. Fong this year as our family's primary doctor. She has been nothing but professional, cordial and thorough in her exams in my opinion. She also has a great bedside manner and my two year old son loves her!I do have to admit that it is kind of hard to get appointments in a timely fashion but I assume that due to her quality of care she is in high demand. Her staff does seem a bit stretched thin in their duties but in this economy who isn't suffering from that a bit.Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Fong to anyone who was looking for a great internist or pediatrician.

|  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

Dr. Fong is caring and committed. She has always responded to my needs and has been excellent. I highly recommend her

|  Lousy Service  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2010

Seems no more interested in the patient than giving a prescription. Office staff is clueless and doesn't take any time to actually look at records. Does not keep up to date. Needs constant push from patient to do their job - poorly. Karen herself might be ok, but her office sucks. Does not follow up on anything. No problem with renewing prescriptions, just doesn't follow up on anything.

|  Overall, awful.  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

Dr. Fong rushed in 45 late, gave me a very cursory examination, was rude, condescending, and worst of all - half-way through told me she'd be right back, then sent her assistant in who couldn't answer my questions and sent me on my way. UNPROFESSIONAL. Also - after switching doctors, I find out she was wrong. So also inaccurate.