Dr. Karen Williams MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Watertown, NY

2.9

December 5th, 2016
Very cold person , not wanting to be a 1 thru 10 helping doctor . Turns her back on you . Not some one I would recommend

July 6th, 2016
Bad bedside manor
When I first seen Dr. Williams I had not seen a Dr. Outside of prenatal care in a long time, so needless to say I had a little list of concerns. I was treated like a inconvenience. I felt a lot of her comments were condescending and she made me very uncomfortable. I had to go back for some follow ups and each visit had the same tone. Additionally while doing my initial visit her nurse asked where I worked, I replied "I'm not currently working." She looked me up and down and said "WHY?!" I felt that was in poor taste.

March 2nd, 2016
Not to thrilled with her
I found her bedside manor to be lacking. There is a difference in being told things you don't want to hear like.. eat better and exercise.. and being given the tools to do that and do better. I feel like every time I go see her.. she has an apathetic approach and then I get the privilege of paying her for it... maybe there are those who like this approach, I DONT.. Her office is convenient in its location, so we see her PA or Doctor Black and avoid her like the plague.

February 5th, 2016
wonderful caring doctor who listens!!!!
In my years time of seeing Dr. Williams-I have always been scheduled to be seen quickly. My wait time in the office has been minimal. Dr. Williams listens to my concerns, asks questions-I know she is trying to get to the bottom of my concerns. I have always had more time in the patient room with her than with previous family physicians. Great interpersonal skills and I am pleased with my medical care!

October 2nd, 2015
Saw this woman 3x and I figured the 3rd time was charm. She is RUDE CARELESS HEARTLESS NO BEDSIDE MANNER AROGANT Doctor. She knows everything and holds the MD therefore she has no time to listen to your issues. Whatever you think works for you forget it she know your body more than you. Get out of her clinic Watertown - she only wants your insurance money. You need a provider who is caring and will listen to your needs.

April 4th, 2015
Rude, uncompassionate provider (if you can even call her a provider)
Office and nursing staff great-, friendly and courteous! I went in to be seen for the 4th time (same problemS). In the past had seen the PA's, this time was feeling hopeful because I was seeing the MD-surely she could help figure things out, or refer me to appropriate specialist. Boy was I wrong!!! Dr. Williams entered the exam room and said "what's going on"? I started to explain some of my symptoms as well as retrieve a list from my purse of various debilitating conditions that have been going on with me not to mention increased in severity- and I said where should I begin, I have a lot of things going on...to which she cut me off mid sentence and said this is an acute appointment in an EXTREMELY RUDE manner-i'll have to see what we get to on your list in this acute appt. I looked at her with utter disbelief! I said oh I'm sorry to inconvenience you with my health problems. She again rambled on that I am in an acute appointment slot and if I had so much going on I should have had a longer appointment. I think I lost my mind- I told her I don't give a s### about her schedule (acute appt or regular) I was there bc I am sick and need answers or referral! This provider never touched me, she did not listen to my concerns as I was not in the right appt. Slot. That was her focus and she would have to talk to staff upfront and figure out why I was given a same day appt. Again, not my problem I called 6 days ago and made the appt, not day of! When I brought up the fact about reading my chart from pa, she said she would have to look into things as to why I was back again. Clearly an MD who signs of the charts of her pa's without reading them! Dr. Williams could have cared less if I presented with deaths door symptoms. She is rude, unprofessional and lacks human compassionate skills. I am transferring out of this office as soon as possible, as did about 6 other people I know!! I want a provider that cares about their patients who doesn't treat them as a number. A provider who can take the time to listen to their patients!! I hope this will help someone else out-don't waste your time on this provider who treats her patients as an inconvenience!

March 31st, 2015
changing docs
Dr W abrupt and doesn't listen lacks in bedside manner

February 25th, 2015
Friendly & Quick Service
She is not my primary doctor (I see another one in the office) but she fit me in for a same day appointment which I was grateful for. She was kind & pleasant during my visit with her & gave me prompt treatment & diagnosis. She was straight & to the point & got me in & out. I can appreciate that. Otherwise I would have been sitting & waiting in urgent care. Thank you for getting me in & treating me.

July 27th, 2012
THE BEST DOCTOR IN ALL OF NY!!
She is the best doctor in all of New York and actually anywhere I have been. She is professional and kind and knows what she's doing. I highly recommend her and I am not a very easily pleased person.

June 18th, 2011
Dr. Williams should be back in the service. She acts like a drill Sargent! She has the absolutely worst bedside manner I have ever seen. Don't waste your time. This woman doesn't know what compassion is!

January 28th, 2011
I found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. The doctor was very pleasant and caring. I would recommend this office highly to anyone.

August 20th, 2009
Not compassionate at all
I attended an appointment with my father, who was the patient. Dr. Williams had previously spoken to me on the phone, where she characterized my father as obscene and abusive to the staff, and indicated that he needed to reduce his narcotic intake (severe chronic back pain since 1980, with 4 surgeries that haven't helped). During the appointment with the PA, Mr. Stock, I got the sense that they view my father as a drug-seeking junky! And I could not find anyone in the office who shared the doctor's perception of my father being hostile or abusive. Their treatment of at least some of their patients (as garnered from other MD rating sites) is consistent with their treatment of my father. They are on some sort of anti-drug crusade, and don't treat patients as people, but rather with suspicion and mistrust. Not recommended for anything related to pain, suffering, or mental illness.