Dr. Karen Acevedo-Mogharbel DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Mesa, AZ

no change

September 7th, 2016
Dr.Acevedo
SHE IS A RUDE. OBNOXIOUS. FULL OF HERSELF. THINKS SHE CAN CURE EVERYTHING WITH TYLENOL.

May 19th, 2016
Excellent
I love this office and Dr. Acevedo is the best Doctor I ever had. She cares for her patients. Her Diagnosis are right on top.

February 17th, 2015
Husband/Father
I chose Dr. Karen M. Acevedo-Mogharbel about 3 years ago after relocating to AZ. The office is not very close to my home. I have had issues making contact by phone. It is somewhat better now with a new system. Dr.Acevedo-Mogharbel's attitude is one of frank, common since, talking to you like an adult. I appreciate the straightforward conversations. Recently opened a lab at the office and that helps!! If you want a doc that will tell you what you need to here, and not what you want, she is the one!

December 2nd, 2014
Shocks
Went to Dr Acevado-Mogharbel for a refill on a anti-depression medication. I was already a patient, she had all ready prescribed prozac. I went to a shrink and was prescribed this other drug in additon to the prozac. To save money I decided rather than go to the shrink again I would get the medication from Dr. Acevado-Moghrbel as I was seeing her every month anyway for pain medication. Dr. Acevado-Marharbel walked into the room. I explained what I needed and she told me I should just learn to deal with my life. I excused my husband from the room. I was embarrassed to have a doctor talk to me like that. I tried to explain to her what it is like living with depression. That it is not a choice I have made. That it is not the way I would choose to live. She told me don't worry I sent the script in. I have never returned to her office. My advice to you is do not go to this doctor no matter what anyone else says. She is unprofessional, rude, cold and obviously not educated about something even the most stupidest doctor should be. Something as common as depression. Maybe she didn't think those classes were important when she was going to school to learn HOW TO BE A DOCTOR. SHE IS NOT RATE-ABLE. SHE GETS NO STARS

May 2nd, 2014
Horrible attitude!
I chose Dr. Karen M. Acevedo-Mogharbel based on her close proximity to my home... So far in three months I have not been able to reach the office by phone. The phone is answered by an automated answering system that blares obnoxious music (20 min. maybe more) until either you hang up or they hang up on you. Dr.Acevedo-Mogharbel's attitude is one of superiority, talking down to patients like an overbearing, stressed out mother would a small child... Makes you come in every month to pick up prescriptions and since there's no phone, requires, 1 trip to ask for the prescription and a second trip to pick it up and since she won't give them early hope you don't run out on a Saturday or Sunday, because while they'll accommodate you with a partial prescription until you can get in again to see her that requires the patient to pay double to get the 30 days meds, ridiculous... Does not draw blood at the office which means a separate trip to the Lab... Listen... I could go on... but she's just not worth the bother... Save yourself the trouble and move on... The negativity she emanates will drain your soul...

September 6th, 2012
Horrible doctor
She never takes the time to look at you, greet you or even care to know how you are doing. She wants to rush through the appointment and if you have more than one problem you better make a separate appointment because she said she only has time for one problem not several she is on a time limit. She will not work with you on payment arrangements when the insurance does not pay the whole amount and she wont see you if you dont pay something. If you need to go to the doctor, find someone else.

September 1st, 2012
A Doctor that listens to her patients
Dr. Mogharbel is the only doctor that ever really listened to me and allowed me to finish spesaking rather than cut me off with a snap diagnosis. I had been mis diagnosed for over 10 years by doctors that overlooked the obvious...... I was a diabetic. Others had disregarded that diabetes runs in my family and had treated me for all manner of issues, unsuccessfully. Dr. Mogharbel listened to me, had me do some tests, weighed the results and has been treating me for diabetes ever since. That was 9 years ago and I truly believe she saved my life because she listened to me and did not make a snap diagnosis she made a properly calculated diagnosis. My diabetes is under control now as well as my COPD and arthritis. I am not an easy man to treat, a difficult patient at best, and she has the patience to set that aside and care for me. Thanks Doc, I am alive thanks to you.

July 17th, 2012
I'm done with Dr. Mogharbel. She is rude every time I go there. The nurses are nice enough but the doctor is not. The last time I went, she came into the room and shrugged her shoulders at me. She didn't even say hello or ask how I was doing. It was ackward and I had to start talking on my own to tell her what was wrong. I went to a different doctor in an urgent care office and she was a lot nicer and more helpful.

October 21st, 2011
Dr. with a horrible temper.
Dr. Acevedo-Mogharbel came recommend by somebody I trust and value their opinion. Maybe she was having an off day (everyone is entitled to have them), but my family nor I (or the friends that recommended her to us) will be returning to her office EVER again. She was overly rude not only to myself but to her entire office staff also. I felt very bad for the young lady working in her office, as she was scolded right in front of myself and the entire office staff. I'm sorry but I want a Dr that is kind and compassionate. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing a different physician at a different office.

May 26th, 2011
Rude
The staff was decent but the doctor was rude! I have never been to an office where I felt so unwelcomed. She lacked professionalism and showed she didn't care about you. I will NOT be going back.

February 7th, 2011
Awful
The staff is rude and incompetent. The Dr. actually complained about other patients to my wife and I. She seems far more concerned with how much she will get paid than with patient care. Hands down the worst practice I've ever been to!

October 21st, 2010
Eh... :/
Her staff is unprofessional and rude. I would not recommend this doctor! The doctor talks about her patients behind their backs to her staff. Do yourself a favor and see another phyisican.