Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Shocks  |  show details
by Gayle Johnson on Dec 2nd, 2014

Went to Dr Acevado-Mogharbel for a refill on a anti-depression medication. I was already a patient, she had all ready prescribed prozac. I went to a shrink and was prescribed this other drug in additon to the prozac. To save money I decided rather than go to the shrink again I would get the medication from Dr. Acevado-Moghrbel as I was seeing her every month anyway for pain medication. Dr. Acevado-Marharbel walked into the room. I explained what I needed and she told me I should just learn to deal with my life. I excused my husband from the room. I was embarrassed to have a doctor talk to me like that. I tried to explain to her what it is like living with depression. That it is not a choice I have made. That it is not the way I would choose to live. She told me don't worry I sent the script in. I have never returned to her office. My advice to you is do not go to this doctor no matter what anyone else says. She is unprofessional, rude, cold and obviously not educated about something even the most stupidest doctor should be. Something as common as depression. Maybe she didn't think those classes were important when she was going to school to learn HOW TO BE A DOCTOR. SHE IS NOT RATE-ABLE. SHE GETS NO STARS

|  Horrible attitude!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2014

I chose Dr. Karen M. Acevedo-Mogharbel based on her close proximity to my home... So far in three months I have not been able to reach the office by phone. The phone is answered by an automated answering system that blares obnoxious music (20 min. maybe more) until either you hang up or they hang up on you. Dr.Acevedo-Mogharbel's attitude is one of superiority, talking down to patients like an overbearing, stressed out mother would a small child... Makes you come in every month to pick up prescriptions and since there's no phone, requires, 1 trip to ask for the prescription and a second trip to pick it up and since she won't give them early hope you don't run out on a Saturday or Sunday, because while they'll accommodate you with a partial prescription until you can get in again to see her that requires the patient to pay double to get the 30 days meds, ridiculous... Does not draw blood at the office which means a separate trip to the Lab... Listen... I could go on... but she's just not worth the bother... Save yourself the trouble and move on... The negativity she emanates will drain your soul...

|  Horrible doctor  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

She never takes the time to look at you, greet you or even care to know how you are doing. She wants to rush through the appointment and if you have more than one problem you better make a separate appointment because she said she only has time for one problem not several she is on a time limit. She will not work with you on payment arrangements when the insurance does not pay the whole amount and she wont see you if you dont pay something. If you need to go to the doctor, find someone else.

|  A Doctor that listens to her patients  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2012

Dr. Mogharbel is the only doctor that ever really listened to me and allowed me to finish spesaking rather than cut me off with a snap diagnosis. I had been mis diagnosed for over 10 years by doctors that overlooked the obvious...... I was a diabetic. Others had disregarded that diabetes runs in my family and had treated me for all manner of issues, unsuccessfully. Dr. Mogharbel listened to me, had me do some tests, weighed the results and has been treating me for diabetes ever since. That was 9 years ago and I truly believe she saved my life because she listened to me and did not make a snap diagnosis she made a properly calculated diagnosis. My diabetes is under control now as well as my COPD and arthritis. I am not an easy man to treat, a difficult patient at best, and she has the patience to set that aside and care for me. Thanks Doc, I am alive thanks to you.

Jul 17th, 2012

I'm done with Dr. Mogharbel. She is rude every time I go there. The nurses are nice enough but the doctor is not. The last time I went, she came into the room and shrugged her shoulders at me. She didn't even say hello or ask how I was doing. It was ackward and I had to start talking on my own to tell her what was wrong. I went to a different doctor in an urgent care office and she was a lot nicer and more helpful.

|  Dr. with a horrible temper.  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

Dr. Acevedo-Mogharbel came recommend by somebody I trust and value their opinion. Maybe she was having an off day (everyone is entitled to have them), but my family nor I (or the friends that recommended her to us) will be returning to her office EVER again. She was overly rude not only to myself but to her entire office staff also. I felt very bad for the young lady working in her office, as she was scolded right in front of myself and the entire office staff. I'm sorry but I want a Dr that is kind and compassionate. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing a different physician at a different office.

|  Rude  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

The staff was decent but the doctor was rude! I have never been to an office where I felt so unwelcomed. She lacked professionalism and showed she didn't care about you. I will NOT be going back.

|  Awful  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

The staff is rude and incompetent. The Dr. actually complained about other patients to my wife and I. She seems far more concerned with how much she will get paid than with patient care. Hands down the worst practice I've ever been to!

by Lynn Brown-De Vera on Feb 2nd, 2011

My special needs son has been a patient of Dr. Mogharbel for several years. I find her professional yet personable. I have always appreciated her ability to listen to me, as the mother, as well as listening and addressing questions to my son qualifying his importance. Diagnosing issues can be a "shot in the dark" with a special needs person. Dr. Mogharbel has always been thorough in investigating what may be really going on. Lynn Brown-De Vera, Tempe, AZ

|  Eh... :/  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

Her staff is unprofessional and rude. I would not recommend this doctor! The doctor talks about her patients behind their backs to her staff. Do yourself a favor and see another phyisican.

|  Misdiagnosis & Lack of Care  |  show details
by watchout on Sep 2nd, 2010

I had just moved to the Valley and was referred to Dr. Acevedo-Mogharbel via a referral from Ohio, where she had done her residency. I had just gotten over a confusing dianosis of chicken pox/shingles and had gone to several doctors who were mystified. When I finally saw her, I told her that I hadn't been the same since the chicken pox/shingles episode, she asked me if I was dealing with a lot of stress at work. I told her not anymore than the average person. She told me my symptoms sounded more like depression and anxiety, and that my dizzy spells and blackouts were panic attacks. So, she put me on Lexapro. I insisted they were not panic attacks, but she said to try the drugs and see if I felt any better. I tried them and they totally made me worse. I called her office and the staff were horribly rude. I told them that I would not be taking anymore and that I demanded a referral to a neurologist for the dizziness and blackout spells which continue. The doctor said for me to come back. She saw me again and said that it may be an inner ear problem, so she referred me to a specialist in the same building. It took me about two months before I could get in with him. Meanwhile, my black spells worsened. When I saw the ear, nose and throat specialist he ordered some tests, which I came back for in a week and during on the tests he induced dizziness and I had one of my black out spells. He then wanted an MRI because he said it was not an inner ear problem, but a neurological issue. At this point, I was tired of messing around and went straight to the Mayo Clinic who saw me right away and within two weeks had my diagnosis that when I had my chicken pox/shingles oddity that the virus went to my brain, it decided to hang out for a while and caused damage on the left temporal lobe of my brain, and I was having seizures. Finally, I got the answers I was looking for and they were not freaking panic attacks! If you care about your health and wellbeing, do not go to Dr. Acevedo-Mogharbel!

|  Matter of fact  |  show details
by BC on Aug 20th, 2009

I used to be Dr. Mogharbel's patient. I dropped her because I felt she was too "matter of fact" and was always too busy to give me her full attention. I felt treated like just another number instead of a person deserving attention and respect. I have diabetes, COPD, and Sleep Apnea. She was always reluctant to refer me to specialists for my conditions as if she knew better and could treat all of them. She misdiagnosed me a few times and her response to my sleep problems was "take Tylenol PM". Whenever I was able to get her to refer me to a specialist (after insisting), her staff was totally innefficient and will not fax the referrals promptly to the specialist. In fact, most of the time I had to call them from the specialist office to fax the referral even though they always insisted they had faxed it promptly. Yet, all of the specialist assured me they never received it. Follow up was always "matter of fact" and will schedule me for much later dates like three months apart. In the meantime, my specialists were better able to care for me than she was. She might be a nice person but her bedside manners and staff leave much to be desired. I would not recommend her.

Feb 26th, 2009

The first time I went, I was having severe frequent headaches, and she tols me to take more tylenol, the second time, my knees are hurting me severely, and she told me her knees make louder sounds than mine, and then didn't say anything else about them.

|  VERY THOROUGH  |  show details
by GOV2009 on Jul 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Doctor MOGHARBEL IS THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN, AND IVE SEEN ALOT OF THEM. I'VE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH HER ENTIRE STAFF FROM HER ASSISTANTS TO MANAGEMENT THEY ARE ALL VERY CARING AND INTELLIGENT. I DONT THINK THERE ARE BETTER DOCTORS OR PEOPLE, ATLEAST THAT I HAVE MET.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Friendly and efficient  |  show details
by nalskd on Nov 9th, 2007 on kudzu.com

This business is located in the medical offices at St. Luke's Hospital in Tempe. I did have to wait awhile before I was seen, but I was a new patient. From what I could see in the waiting room, the average wait time for returning patients was less than 15 min. I personally saw Dr. Thomas, who was friendly and professional, and was quite through on discussion of my symptoms and personal history. I also appreciated that my personal history was taken by the doctor instead of by a med tech or a nurse. I feel a bit of duplicity and inefficiency in giving my information to a nurse who then goes to another room to relay that information to the doctor. My visit was efficient, thorough, and I fully intend to make Dr. Thomas my personal primary care provider. The only warning I could give is that they only accept cash or check, no credit or debit cards. Also, the nearest ATM is in the emergency room, but is not always in good repair. Overall, I was thoroughly pleased with my experience.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com