Dr. Karen Allen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Allen?

April 20th, 2017

Great !!!

my family have been patients of Dr Allen's ever since she came to Huntsville. She is caring honest band knowledgeable. She does not like to give narcotics which is the . Way she should be. I have had her call me at home to check an office visit. Excellent Dr. Allen is a. Wonderful doctor.

July 17th, 2016

Dr. Allen is a caring and attentive physician. She listens and is very knowledgeable and accurate on diagnosis. She always takes time to answer all my concerns and questions .

April 19th, 2016

One of the best ever

One of the best doctors I have ever had. Our who family sees her. Caring, concerned and confident, as well as cautious. Doesn't just throw drugs at things...

February 24th, 2016

I'm not sick often, luckily for me, and I do not run to the doctor for the sniffles. As a result, I haven't been to the office for myself in more than 2 years although I have taken my young daughter, who is also a patient, several times. I called today to schedule well visits for the both of us and was informed that I had been "released" as a patient for not visiting. After the staff checked with the doctor, they informed me that I could not be readmitted because she had no openings. The courtesy of a letter would have been nice. How long have I had no family doctor, all the while thinking I did? And why would you release me, without warning, when I'm visiting on a semi-regular basis with my child? You know I haven't moved out of town. It makes no sense. Neither of us will return to this office.

August 18th, 2015

Excellent Doctor

Dr.Allen has been my family doctor for 10 yrs. or more. She has gone the extra mile to help me and my husband with our medical problems. I have experienced her compassion for her patients with 2 of my friends who had Very Serious problems. She has always been great referring us to specialists when it was needed.

August 18th, 2015

Mrs.

Excellent , carrying a wonderful Dr. Have been a patient for over 10 years. Ha ave been for my family always.

March 3rd, 2015

Unprofessional and Uncaring

Unprofessional, Uncaring, Discriminatory against overweight patients, Rude, and I do not recommend her at all.

January 26th, 2013

Happy Patient

Finding a new doctor after my old one moved away was a hard thing for me. I hate change. But I found Dr. Allen to be a very pleasant surprise. She really listens, is very thorough and she seems to really care about her patients health. She gave me copies of all my blood work without my even asking and discussed each item in detail on my follow up visit. I am a very detail oriented person and she covered all of my concerns even before I asked. I am very pleased with her as a physician.

May 7th, 2012

She is nice and will listen to you. That's the only positive. Went for knee issues and she tries to push antidepressants! If you are hurt your better off at the e.r. Because your only getting aleve and antidepressants. She must be getting major kickbacks from pharmaceutical reps. NEVER AGAIN!

April 7th, 2011

Very Nice and Thorough

Asked detailed questions about my family history and spent more time with me than most. Let's you talk. Is knowledgeable about the side effects of medicines. Very nice.

February 8th, 2011

Beverly

All patients should have a doctor like Dr. Allen. I have been her patient for over 10 years. Since moving my parents down here in 2009, she became their doctor too. She guided us through my Dad's illness (until his death)with professionalism and kindness.

November 23rd, 2010

Does not listen to patient

I have been going to Dr. Allen for a few years now and am not impressed. I recently went for my yearly visit to refill meds. Dr. Allen asked me a few questions but never physically even touched me. My previous doctor (who would still be my doctor but she moved)always listened to my heart and lungs, checked lymph nodes, listened to artery in neck, looked in ears and throat etc. on my yearly visit. I asked for the Shingles vaccine and she gave me a prescription and said to get the pharmacist to give it to me. My insurance will not pay for it this way (cost is $200). I had blood work done and when the nurse called me with the results, I asked for a copy of the report. She said it would cost me $2 a page to have her fax it to me. I went to the lab myself and got a copy for free. I think I am pretty intune with my body but Dr. Allen does not listen to me when I make suggestions. I don't find this acceptable.