A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Altmann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Altmann is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Altmann, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Congenital Heart Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Altmann graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Altmann has 9 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Presbyterian Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Altmann accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan