Dr. Karen Beliles MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Woodbridge, VA

3.6

August 14th, 2013
Great M.D., Can't Run a Business
Dr. Beliles should seriously consider that private practice is not for her. While I appreciate her medical knowledge, I had to stop seeing her after a long patient relationship because her business practices were making me crazy, so to speak: ridiculously long wait times (anywhere from 45-90 minutes); not being able to reach her to reschedule appointments (no receptionist and voice box always full); HORRENDOUS billing procedures (I *never once* received an invoice from her bookkeeper in 7 years and all of a sudden she tells me I owe her 750 dollars!). One time during an appointment, she told me the IRS was after her, and I certainly understand why! I only put up with this unprofessionalism for so long because she managed my medication well and it's impossible to find a reputable psychiatrist in this area who accept new patients with insurance. Before anyone sees Dr. Beliles, they should think about how much tolerance they have for this kind of incompetence.

April 14th, 2011
Dr. Beliles changed my life. I would recommend her to anyone having a anxiety problem.

September 29th, 2010
She is unorganized but good!
It is very hard to get in contact with her or for her to return phone calls. Wait time is long. But, once in her office she is fantastic! She listens, cares, works hard to help. She is well worth the weaknesses that she displays.

September 9th, 2009
Quality of Dr. Beliles' Services
I have been seeing Dr. Beliles for two years. She is smart, professional, attentive to your needs (good listener), caring and gives you whatever attention you need. I am also impressed with her knowledge of medicine and medications. She has diagnosed some conditions in me that my family physician did not diagnose or test me for it, for example, a severe Vitamin D deficiency. She has a sense of humor that makes one feel comfortable with her. I trust her completely and have recommended her to family and friends.