Dr. Karen Boheen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Boheen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2016

karen is awsome she made me feel comfortable with my high risk pregnancy . she was always there to answer any questions any time and always made me feel at ease

April 28th, 2016

LOVE Dr. Boheen. I feel so fortunate to have found a doctor that truly cares for me and my baby. She has delivered 2 of my children and in a few short months she will deliver a 3rd. Last summer I had complications from a miscarriage and went above and beyond what was needed from a OB/GYN standpoint. I will forever be grateful for her. She is simply THE BEST!!

September 19th, 2015

Would not recommend for child birth!

Dr. Boheen was my obgyn for my 1st pregnancy & delivery. In the beginning I thought she was great! But after my first couple appointments she started to become very short with me and would talk to me like I was incompetent. When my husband would come to my appts she was rude to him. I was very young (18-19 yrs) & it was my first pregnancy/delivery & she did not do a very good job at comforting or reassuring me. Delivery was awful! Worse experience ever, which is heartbreaking to say. She had me get my epidural way too early, before I even asked for it. By time I was ready to push, hours later, I was completely un-numb & in so much pain! She refused to let me have more epidural meds because she said I needed to feel to push. I had to be cut open down there with scissors (epesiotomy?) & felt the whole flippin thing!! By time I delivered my daughter I was in so much pain I went into shock. On top of that, the entire time she was rushing me so she could get to her next delivery. Which I get that she has other patients and all, but I should have been her priority for that half hour and she should have been encouraging & helpful. Not rude & rushed! So no, I don't think I would recommend her. Vivien Dearden delivered my 2nd and she was awesome! Even let me have the little epideral button during labor lol. I loved child birth the second go-round! Makes me sad that the 1st wasn't so pleasant.

April 11th, 2015

Great Choice

Her direct personality may come off a bit cold at first. However, she is highly recommended by patients and medical professionals alike. I felt very safe in her care. She and her staff were always available to answer questions.

June 27th, 2014

Excellent OB

She delivered two of my children. She is great, very logical personality, supported my choices for natural child birth and no epidurals...even when I was a week overdue and my labor was 36hours. Great office. Hardly ever waited, only once was I rescheduled due to a delivery. I liked that she did several ultra sounds and they were all in office. Even the big ultrasound, they have a specialist come to her office to do it. No complaints!

April 18th, 2014

Staff has got to go

I love Dr Boheem, but whenever I have an app. it seems like I always get a call having to reschedule after taking time off work. ( I know she has deliveries, but I'm sure she has some idea of whats going on that I could of gotten a heads up that she might have to reschedule instead of 15 min before). And her staff has to go or they need some kinda training that you don't sit around gossiping and giving dirty looks. Boheem your to good to get a bad rap cuz of your staff.

April 6th, 2014

AWESOME Doctor

I delivered three babies with Dr. Boheen and was sorely disappointed when my husband got a new job in the mid-west and we had to move midway through my fourth pregnancy. I am due in about 5 weeks and still miss Dr. Boheen. She is an amazing doctor. When we moved to Utah, we didn't know anyone, so my husband went to the maternity floor at the hospital and asked the nurses who they would recommend. EVERY one said Dr. Boheen and I am so glad we took their advice! She has PLENTY of experience to know when something is wrong or when something may not be as serious as the patient may think so. She doesn't take chances and she wants the best for her patients and babies. I hate that I can't have my fourth with her :( I also hardly ever had to wait on her and the staff is soooooo nice!!

January 29th, 2013

Love the doctor, Unimpressed with her staff.

I was recommended to Dr. Boheen by multiple people that had seen her before and that have worked with her in the hospital. I went in for my annual and I loved her. She was great, friendly, to the point, and got me the care I needed. Unfortunately I cannot say the same on her office staff, I work in another medical office so I'm very familiar which how the staff can make such an impression. I recently went in for a pregnancy test and they told me just to talk in and I would have the same day results. I told them I wanted to also make an appointment to see the doctor. The refused to make me an appointment. I have other medical concerns that I wanted to talk to her about as well as get a pregnancy test done. After telling them that situation they still told me I would not be able to see the doctor but If I wanted to see her I could wait 5-6 weeks. So instead of seeing the doctor I went in for the test and after having the test done they told me they would not give me the results that day and I would have to wait for the following day. While they were drawing blood for the test her nurse acted very irritated that I had come in to take the test. She tried to explain to me that there's no way that I could possibly know that something was wrong with my body. She also tried to tell me that because of my other health issues that it was impossible for me to get pregnant. Obviously, I did not need to hear that from the nurse, I am the only one that knows how my body works and feels and only I can know if something is off. After she was done she walked out of the room without saying a word to me whether or not I was done. I just walked out of the room and waited at the front desk to make sure that I was okay to leave. They ignored me and talked on their cell phones, texted, and talked to each other until I finally said something. They told me to call back the next day for my results. I called the next day and each time I called they said they would call me back. They never did. I had to wait the entire weekend to find my results and even then Monday night hit and they still had not called me back when I tried to find out, they said my results were in but they would need to call me back to tell me what they were. It's very nerve racking when you think your pregnant and they just wont tell me what the results are. The only thing that would keep me coming back to her office is because Dr. Boheen is so great, and cares for her patients, but because of the way I was treated at that office which was not the first time. I probably wont be going back. I was very unimpressed.

November 26th, 2012

No-fuss

I chose Dr. Boheen after touring the hospital maternity ward and asking the nurse who showed me around who she would recommend. She said Dr. Boheen didn't take any chances. I liked that answer. I was very satisfied with her demeanor and how she answered my questions throughout my pregnancy. I was told I could deliver "naturally" at this hospital, but was warned by a nurse that the staff there was used to mothers with epidural treatment - almost exclusively. Unfortunately for me, that ended up translating into incrementally higher doses of pitocin for me after my water broke and there was some meconium in it, hoping to speed the process. But because I wasn't numb and had to lie down, it slowed everything down because I couldn't recover between contractions. I was beyond comprehending what was going on - or speaking - or I might have thought to ask them to unplug me from the pitocin, or told her not to use a vacuum under any circumstances. I felt like my slowness was annoying her, and she just wanted to get back to her office hours, while I was literally racked and trying to do what she asked me to do.If you're going to have a scheduled induction with an epidural, I am sure she is very good at those, and again I was always happy with her during office visits. But if all-natural is your bag, choose a different doctor - and probably a different hospital that Davis Regional Medical Center.

September 11th, 2012

Honest, Straight Forward Doctor

I have seen Dr. Boheen for two of my children. My first when I was 19 she was very caring and supportive. She also had my best intrests when giving recommendations. She never sugar coated anything just to make me like her responses, which I liked. Honest and real is what is needed in this field. She knows what she is doing and she doesnt take up all your day and hers to do her job.

February 14th, 2012

No bedside manner

Not a good listener, seemed bored, preoccupied, short, and downright rude. When I called for follow-up on test results she seemed was very rushed and irritated when I had questions. Could not possibly recommend her to anyone.

February 8th, 2012

No fuss, no muss - just gets the job done!

Dr. Boheen did a wonderful job of delivering my now 9-year-old son, and I have stuck with her for all of my subsequent gynecological needs. No, she won't spend lots of time guiding you through all of her thought processes, but she has always provided effective, caring ACCURATE health care. She orders the right tests and dispenses the right treatments and doesn't ninny around with a bunch of unnecessary procedures. I think she's great!