A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Burgner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Burgner, Internist, General Practitioner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Burgner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AsthmaAllergic Diseases HypertensionDiabetesKidney DiseaseWomen`s HealthPreventive Care
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Burgner graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Burgner has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rush Copley Medical Center
- Provena Mercy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burgner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 4 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 23 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans