A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Carroll:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Carroll, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Medical Microbiology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Bacterial Infections
- Community-Acquired Infections
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Virus Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Carroll graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Carroll has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carroll accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- CareFirst - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans