A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Carvalho:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carvalho
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Carvalho Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Carvalho, MD is board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, and Sleep Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carvalho graduated from Universidade Federal Do Espirito Santo, Vitoria. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Carvalho has 17 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
- St Luke's Quakertown Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen S Carvalho MD is a female Neurologist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Sleep Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- Where does Dr. Karen S. Carvalho practice?
- Dr. Karen Carvalho has 1 office location.
Dr. Karen Carvalho practices Psychiatry, Sleep Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Psychiatrists and Philadelphia Neurologists.