A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Carvalho:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Carvalho, MD is board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, and Sleep Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Carvalho graduated from Universidade Federal Do Espirito Santo, Vitoria.
Dr. Carvalho has 17 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
- Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carvalho accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Karen S. Carvalho practice?
Dr. Karen Carvalho practices Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Neurological Surgery, Pediatrics, and Sleep Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA and Indianapolis, IN.
See Philadelphia Neurologists, Philadelphia Neurological Surgeons, Philadelphia Pediatricians, and Philadelphia Psychiatrists.