Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD An overview of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Carvalho
Dr. Karen Carvalho, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Carvalho is affiliated with St Christopher's Hospital for Children, Deaconess Hospital Inc and St. Christopher's Pediatric Associates. Dr. Carvalho has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Carvalho has the following 3 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy,...
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine...
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when...
Dr. Karen Carvalho is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Joseph Melvin
Child Neurology, Neurology, Pediatrics
Philadelphia, PA 0 mi27
Dr. Nadine Schwartz
Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Child Psychiatry
Philadelphia, PA 0 mi20
Dr. Ethan Goldberg
Neurology, Pediatrics, Child Neurology
Philadelphia, PA 0 mi9