Overall Review

3.1

November 17th, 2016
Negligent and uncaring Doctor
This doctor misdiagnosed me and according to my new physician, she has done so to many of his patients. She put me and many of his patients in danger by rushing to diagnose and place us on dangerous meds which could potentially have deadly outcome in years to come. Once she and staff are questioned she turns on you and acts like a total lowlife and a monster and she just lets you go. Leaving you on deadly medication. She only cares about the money people. She slott

June 10th, 2016
STAY AWAY!!!!
Karen Smith is only good to you as long as everything goes her way, but once it doesn't , she turn into a MONSTER!!!!! Her staff are just as bad if not worse. I honestly believe that Karen Smith is aware that they treat patients really bad and just stands by it. She dropped me although I was very sick simply because I complained about her staff treatment. They always treated me bad, but their treatment as well as hers got excessively bad once I lost my insurance. I believe that they used any excuse just to get rid of me, even though I was so sick. She knew it would be several months until I was seen by another R.A. Doctor, yet she did not care. She accused me of being abusive to her staff and even wrote a really bad review about me and lied that I had been abusive not only to her but her staff, just so that the next doctor I see could have a bad idea of me already. She is HeartLess!! Her Receptionist is a gatekeeper and you have to go through her before you can get a message to the Doctor, and she does not allow you to communicate with the doctor at all. And that is what I told the Doctor, and she just let me go after that. She told me "I was nothing but trouble." STAY AWAY!!!

June 8th, 2016
This is a horrible horrible place to be seen. Its the office staff that is to blame. First of all there is a mean hateful women who is heavy set that is kinda young who has some kind of power trip personalty that needs to be plain out fired. She also lies if she messes up to keep herself out of trouble. She is uncaring and rude and does not know how to say things in professional way. She denied me seeing Dr. Smith due to her messup on the schdule and tried to lie to cover her mustake i confronted her on. Dr. Smith should replace her and get someone else that cares about how they treat people. That is the 1st step. As far as knowing how Dr. Smith is in her profession inwill never know because of her staff. I am reporting this incident and maybe someone can look into this and report this to the medical facilty at the hospital around which it is located on the other side. I am telling you this receptionst is mean. Good luck if you can get in .

February 22nd, 2016
Horrible service! The front desk is the most disrespectful and rude medical staff I have ever encountered. Completely disappointed with the work etiquette of the front desk. I am in disbelief that a person can be so uncaring of others. If someone even has the need to be seen by a specialist it is due to health hardship and the last thing one should pass through is even more grief from an uneducated and uncivilized employee. I feel bad for the doctor who is getting a horrible reputation due to her an unethical employee who is meant to be the first face of the practice whether it be via phone or in person.

June 22nd, 2015
Stay away!!!! Look for a caring Doctor!
Staff is horrendous and Doctors Smiths attitude is just as bad. Watch out; they will attempt to overcharge you when you are on Medicaid. Know your copayments and refuse to pay anything more! Girls in the office are the dumbest I've seen (cholas) and don't live by the customer comes first. Smith will tell you out right she doesn't need your business. Go back to Arizona we need Doctors here who care about our sick patients! Your patients are in pain, they need someone who cares not money hungry!

March 16th, 2015
Great doctor, help me out with my pain.Pain free now for 3 years. God Bless.

May 21st, 2014
Shocked
Went to this doctor for the last 4 years I loved greatly. Her front office needs serious help ,they messed up my prescriptions all the time last time I called them I was told I was not being seen anymore cause I had a 400 dollar past bill .I knew this was wrong so asked for copy of bill never received it by way ,so I called billing department and actually they owe me 245 dollars haven't received my check yet so I will be turning this in to the Bbb soon I never been treated so rude in my life she needs to handle the business end of her office better

March 26th, 2014
HORRIFFIC FRONT OFFICE!!!
Dr. Smith comes highly recommended by a very good doctor that I go to, so I was very excited at the prospect of going to her as my new rheumatologist. I had originally scheduled an appointment after much difficulty getting one on the first place. I then got sick and, sadly, had to cancel the appointment. When I then tried to reschedule, I was told that they were completely booked, but to call back at the end of the month, as they did their appointment book on a month-to-month basis. Fine. As it was the end of the month, I called back to try to get something for this upcoming month. Well, I spoke to an office manager, Yvette P-, who was so horrifically rude and unprofessional, that I am left shaking after hanging up my phone!!! When I nicely asked to reschedule, she said that I couldn't, and that was it, I could never get in to see the doctor now, because I had cancelled before. When I tried to explain that I had cancelled due to prior., extenuating circumstances beyond my control- she then got very rude and said that that was it! This doctor comes highly recommended, so I tried to get her to reflect back what she just said, because she wasn't making sense to me! She then said that I couldn't reschedule because I was a new patient. I was like, "What? So I can never get in to see the doctor then?" Then she said that I could only reschedule if I'd had to cancel because of an emergency. I tried to tell her that my being sick and unable to make my appointment WAS an emergency beyond my control. At this point she completely lost it, yelled, and told me that I had a really bad attitude and with an attitude like mine, she wasn't going to help me and she hung up!!! I was shocked, as I have never been talked to this way before by a medical front office! I composed myself, called back and asked to speak to the front office manager-this same woman answered, and rudely barked at me that she was! I said okay, and that I'd like to speak to the doctor and leave a message. I left my name and number, all the while she spoke to me in a very rude fashion and hung up on me again! Due to her severe unprofessionalism and the fact that I figured she'd probably just tdisregard my phone message request anyway, I decided I'd email the doctor to complain about her severe unprofessionalism and still try to get in to see the doctor. When I called back, This same woman answered, I asked for her name and she was very rude and refused to give it to me, finally only giving me her first name with her last initial-Yvette P-. I told her by that point that I was not going to tolerate her disrespect towards me anymore and that I'd be communicating all of this to the doctor. She then rudely hung up on me again! I am still in shock as I type this. The only problem is, the doctor does not seem to have an email address listed online, and I'm sure that her gatekeeper Yvette P- will unlikely give this out to me if I try calling back again. I hope Dr. Smith reads these reviews, and sees mine. I have sadly, just decided to go and see another rheumatologist, in light of Yvette P-'s horrifically rude and disrespectful treatment of me on the phone today. I was in no way rude to this woman and was only trying to advocate for myself and communicate to get an appointment with this very well regarded doctor. I can see also, by the other reviews, that this seems to be a pattern of front office behavior that has been left unchecked for awhile, offending other patients, too. I have now decided that I will be now be going to another doctor, thank you very much.

October 17th, 2013
She has changed
I would have written a glowing review until this year, I have seen Dr. Smith for 4 years. She seemed so caring and interested in how I felt and really worked at pain management. Her office staff has become mean and refuses to even make phone calls to let patients know when prescriptions are ready to pick up, And like a previous review, I too have yet to have any kind of physical exam. Getting refills is a nightmare, No responses to refill requests after multiple days and multiple requests, The last appointment I had with her I was obviously a bother and was rushed out as quickly as she could, I was left with questions and made to feel like I shouldn't be taking up her precious time. The person I thought would be my healthcare partner has turned into a monster.

September 6th, 2013
Thankful
I have been under Dr. Smith care for over 4 years and thank JESUS for putting her in my path. Dr. Smith has a great love for her patients, she truly cares for us. I pray that God takes care of her, we need her. Dr. Smith never rushes you, she is always very attentive to your needs. Thank You Dr. Smith your the best!

July 29th, 2013
Disapointed
My wife was going on her second year in which she was put on to very aggressive medications with little to none progress, but any way Patricia was late in her late appointment for 10 min and never been late within years and was rudely dismissed for being late, and stated that her next appointment would be within 3 months for being late. My wife asked to talk to the Dr. and was told that the Dr. would always give them the benefit of the doubt, and if she would talk to the Dr., she would then dismiss her as a trouble person and would not see her again. It is apparent that who runs the show and make this type of decisions are the two persons in the front office excreting power that they do not have, and or the Dr. do not care on a professional level that her patients are miss-treated. No Customer Service what so ever.

June 20th, 2013
Awesome Physcian
Caring, compassionate, excellent clinical skills, office staff is very helpful and friendly.