Obstetricians & Gynecologists

IHA Associates in GYN/Ob - Arbor Park
4936 W Clark Rd
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734-434-6200
Locations and availability (4)

Nov 19th, 2013

Dr. Walker is an excellent doctor. After suffering for years of a lower right abdominal pain, I was told by other doctors it was just my period. Dr. Walker believed me when I told her I was in constant pain. She did a very thorough exam and discovered that I actually had a tubular cyst not ovarian cyst. She was prompt in getting me in for surgery. I have not had pain since. She is very kind and knowledgeable. I would trust her with my life.

Feb 13th, 2012

Dr Walker shows no judgment, a quality vital to a truthful health history (especially a sexual history), but not always found in a health care provider. She is gentle when doing an exam, and mindful of her patient's feelings of vulnerability, anxiety, and modesty. Dr Walker cares about the woman's emotional well-being along with her physical health.She offers kindness and understanding. She shows genuine concern, and listens intently. She is thorough in her questioning and in her exam. Dr Walker offers the best care I have ever received. I've recommended her to many of my women friends.

|  The Best  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

Dr. Walker is truly the best dr. I have encountered in my 55 years. She is concerned and caring. She always explains all of my options. She has a warm and natural way about her that puts you right at ease. I have recommended her to many many people over the years. including my own 2 daughters, one of which she delivered. She has gone the extra mile several times to be certain I am well and cared for in the right way.

|  Best obgyn  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2010

I would recommend her to anyone. I'm glad someone recommend her to me. She never passed me off and stuck with me as a team until we found the problem.

|  The Best  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Walker for over 20 years - which has included 4 child births, 2 miscarriages, a uterine ablation, and now perimenopause. She is wonderful in all ways and I have recommended her many times.

Aug 16th, 2009

Dr. Walker has been treating me for 20 years, and saw me through devastatingly painful (both physically and emotionally) endometriosis and hysterectomy at age 34. She is smart, confident and highly competent, always reassuring and optimistic.

|  Wonderful doctor!!!  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2009

As a woman, going to the gynecologist is not on my top ten list of things I enjoy doing. However, Dr. Walker makes it much easier and more enjoyable if it's at all possible. :) She is kind and quite caring. She takes her time and truly seems to care about her patients. Although, getting in can be a bit difficult it is well worth it. I highly recommend her as a doctor and as a person!

Jan 18th, 2009

She Delivered 2 of my 3 children and she is a great doctor. People need to remember she is human and makes mistakes just like everyone else.

|  An excellent and caring FEMALE gynecologist  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2008

I'm sorry to hear that the only other reviewer had such an awful experience. Both my mother and I have been seeing Dr. Walker (formerly Bartsch) for years. My mother has been seeing her for over a decade and refuses to see anyone else because she has been so wonderful to us. She is experienced (she has been in the specialty for far longer than the year this site reports, but recently remarried and changed her name) and in touch with the individual needs of her patients. Once, following seeing her for a follow-up from an emergency room visit for an ovarian cyst, she made the time to call me a week later to make sure that I wasn't still experiencing discomfort. She has also taken the time to do the extra research to make sure that I am on the right birth control for someone with health concerns such as mine (SA arrhythmia and a history of juvenile nephritis as well as a history of depression). She is a highly skilled practitioner and a great choice for any woman who feels that it is important to have a female gynecologist. After having taken the time to develop a long-term physician-patient relationship with her, I won't go anywhere else unless there is no other option.

|  She discounted my concerns about bleeding....  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2008

... and a day and a half after seeing her and having her tell me I was just having a little trouble, wasn't bleeding that heavily, I was in the ER with other doctors telling me Dr. Walker had made some serious mistakes handling my case. They admitted me to the hospital and gave me blood transfusions and got the problem under control within a couple days after weeks of useful help from Dr. W. I will never see her again and tell my friends to choose a different gynecologist, at least if they're dealing with perimenopausal issues.