Dr. Karen Dobbs MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Milwaukee, WI

3.0

August 31st, 2016
Wouldn't trade Dr. Dobbs for anything
I have been a patient since 2003-04. She has a wonderful bedside manner, is straightforward, but very compassionate. I only see Dr. Dobbs every other year now since I'm post-menopause, but I don't see a reason to change just because she is at Aurora and all my other providers are Ascension. I am glad to have such a caring physician.

January 14th, 2016
Rude and impersonal.

April 23rd, 2014
HORRIBLE. Do NOT see.
Dr Dobbs took no interest into my difficulty getting pregnant, and just keep prescribing me Chlomid. She never took the needed blood tests to see what issues where there. Then she informed me she was not an expert, even though her title says so. I wasted 6 months doing this until I found a new OBGYN. She also incorrectly entered medical history, which can now not be changed. DO NOT see her.

March 8th, 2013
Dr. Dobbs is an excellent doctor, has a great bedside manner as well. She is very good at what she does and genuinely cares for her patients.

December 15th, 2011
The Dad
Dr Dobbs seemed to be awkward during the appointments we had, but the worst part came after the birth of our son. She was not the doctor on call who delivered the child, but as my wife's assigned doctor, she was there the next morning. My wife had a catheter placed. Dr Dobbs questioned included if my wife was urination frequently. Read your own patient's chart, as the inability to urinate had been an issue the entire night. She ordered the cather out, and even with my wife stating she still did not feel she was emptying, we were sent home. We ended up in the ER that night. I understand medicine is not an exact science, but this particular Dr seemed to not pay attention to any details, nor at any point seem to remember anything about her patient. Most doctors are great at reading a chart and pretending to know someone. She couldn't even do that much. Our next child is on the way, and we will be returning to West Allis, choosing a different Dr, and hoping that Dr Dobbs is not on call the night we give birth.

January 27th, 2010
Dee
Excellent doctor. She has excellent bedside manner. She takes her time to getting to know her patients and their unique situations. She provides a relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend her services.