Dr. Karen Duckwall Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Duckwall?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Karen Duckwall?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2013

She Sucks!!

She is a terrible doctor and makes decisions based on her best interests. Run as fast as you can to any other doctor.

February 2nd, 2012

Excellent Doctor

The receptionist weren't very kind or caring and took forever do call me up, the wait time was horrible but there was alot of people a head of me guess its normal.. But Dr Duckwall was great! She did alot more for me in one appt then my previous doc did in 2 years, she explained everything to be better was was just awesome!

January 26th, 2012

Dr. Karen Duckwall is exceptional. Her bedside manner is the bomb. Everything about my visit there was perfect. However, I live in another city now and I can't get medical attention there anymore. I wish I could contact her to get a follow-up, referral, or a third opinion. Karen, if you see this, please contact me! I am a friend and family member of several of your other patients.

September 14th, 2011

Are you talking about my Doctor??

I have never been treated any way but exceptional. The best thing is, she has never hurried me. I have gotten her complete attention while there.

March 8th, 2011

Extremely Unprofessional and uncaring

When I went in for my annual exam last August, I was shocked to discover that the ARNP I had seen for the last 5 years was no longer there. Oh, well, I thought, I'm sure Dr. Duckwall will be just fine. Her bedside manner left much to be desired. She was very dull and didn't seem to care about me as a person. She didn't ask any of the questions I had become used to answering - like had there been any changes in my life, any drug interactions, would I like to be tested for anything, etc. Luckily I had nothing to worry about there, but what if I had? She switched my BC without giving me options or discussing it with me. It was just - here's a sample of Yaz, this card from Bayer, and a new prescription. I immediately had negative effects to the new BC. Her response - "What do you want me to do about it?" I ended up asking to be put back on my old BC. Several months later, I had an allergic reaction to Zithromicin which ended up causing a BV infection. When I went to get treated, she prescribed a medicine whose first warning was "Do not take if allergic to Zithromicin". I called back and was told that even though I was just there 24 hours ago, I'd have to make an appointment to come in to get my meds switched. I refused. I couldn't take any more time off work and she had just seen me and ran all the needed tests. The receptionist was very rude with me. I ended up seeking alternate treatment and started looking for a new obgyn. Unfortunately the wait list is several months everywhere I called. A couple weeks ago my BC refills ran out so I called to get it renewed. I was told that I would have to go in for an appointment for this to happen. I told the receptionist how unacceptable I found that and she hung up on me. I called back a few days later because I needed the refill and couldn't get an appointment elsewhere in such a short time frame. The receptionist was very snippy with me and made the appointment. I asked her what had happened to Polly Mackey - the ARNP I had previously seen and was told that she moved away and wasn't working anywhere around here any more. I later looked her up on the internet and found her at a Planned Parenthood. Hopefully, I'll be able to see her again or get a referral to someone who is at the very least, professional.

July 22nd, 2010

The Eastern Parkway Office

NEVER have I been treated in such a unprofessional way! The front office staff is very rude and unaccomodating!I had my yearly exam completed there with out any problems but soon after, without any phone call or written letter the nurse practioner who saw me apparently did not work there anymore. I found this out when following up on a prescription and other lab results. AND to top everything off, the clinical notes in my chart apparently did not explain why I needed these certain perscriptions and did not document the conversations that we had. After denying my refill request from the pharmacy they wanted me to come in and pay ANOTHER co-pay AND take off work in order to discuss something that should have been in my chart in the first place. The conversation with the "medical assistant" ended with her hanging up on me right before she said that she didnt have time to talk to me. Overall this has been an absolutely AWFUL experience and if you are looking for a office/doctor that treats you like this then please come to this one! Not only have i ended up having to find another doctor, ive been left without a condition being treated. To me that is negligent care...

August 21st, 2015