Overall Review

2.5

October 13th, 2016
She was horrible. I saw her at a walk in. She was insulting, making assumptions not knowing a thing about my medical history. She was the only MD on staff, I was there for 2 and a half hours. She spent maybe 5 mins with me, an diagnosed me with a torn muscle..said ice it and take some muscle relaxers. Then send the tech in 10 mins later with crutches, never said it once to me and my DC paperwork has me wearing an ankle brace, which again was never said to me which to me makes sense because I hurt my calf... she needs to go back to school or somewhere for more experience...

June 9th, 2009
It is clear that Dr. Ekwueme wants to do right by her patients however the end results simply dont reflect all the good intentions. It is very obvious that there is a need for professional assistance in developing her business so that she can focus on her profession.Points of consideration:Dr. Ekwueme is notoriously late and appears to be disorganizedDr. Ekwueme truly wants to help her patients and wants to explore assisting with all ailments, including issues that should be considered for referral to a specialist. I can appreciate her interests more specific or specialized areas however I would suggest that at least initially, anything outside basic GP/Internal medicine should be referred to the appropriate specialist so that Dr. Ekwueme can better focus what time she has to the core principles of Internal medicine and to the non-medical duties of running a medical practiceI believe the first two points are related to the following. I think Dr. Ekwueme bites off more than she can chew (putting it simply) and the end result is that follow-up is completely missed and/or postponed from visit-to-visit as she is not reminded until one is back in her office and she is reviewing ones chart.Messages left with the answering service are never returnedDr. Ekwueme needs an office staff that can partner and support her and her business. This includes calls being returned, assisting on follow-needs (as in what issues, what patients, etc., call back on lab results, prescriptions, .the list goes on). A well trained assistant may even have the skills to follow-up and assist in gather research materials for Dr. Ekwueme. The current person tries to be very nice however, I do not feel she is the best representative for the practice (at least at this time). She appears unclean and unhealthy. If she is to be retained, her personal appearance, professional demeanor and communication skills require significant mentoring. There is a lot more to being an assistant than taking a blood pressure. Especially, in a two-person practice where one of the two is the physician.The office appears old and run-down. The office does not feel clean but rather old and tired. Art and furniture appear second-hand finds from a flee-market and not the trendy kind-of stuffLeaving my comments on a positive note, Dr. Ekwueme is very good about spending time with her patients. She seems to really want to listen and help. I would love to see Dr. Ekwueme become successful and happy with her practice. Hopefully, she will be able to consider the above points as constructive and work towards improving her business so that she can have the type of practice and provide the type of care I think she is capable of.

June 5th, 2009
I do think this doctor's heart is in the right place. She spent a long time with me, so I feel bad for saying this, but she made condescending comments to me that both insulted my intelligence and were religiously offensive. Additionally, so far I have been triple-billed for a single visit which was paid the first time. I am wondering if there is fraud going on here!