Dr. Karen Erde Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Erde?

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Karen Erde?

3 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

Showing 3 Ratings with 1 Comment

November 2nd, 2012

Appointment w/ Erde? Request a different doc!

As a first-time patient, Dr. Erde merely LOOKED at me and told me I wasn't "sick enough" (her words exactly, based solely on my outward appearance) to have a specific gastroenterological condition-- daily severe abdominal pain and chronic diarrhea-- which I've been suffering with for over 10 years. She seemed to concur that because I wasn't visibly thin or underweight, it was impossible for me to have Crohn's or Colitis. I think it's common knowledge that an MD cannot make or rule out a diagnosis without proper testing... not by simply eyeballing a first-time patient. Frankly, I was tremendously disappointed and insulted... not to mention on the next appointment, after having some basic bloodwork done for a checkup, Dr. Erde informed me that my triglycerides were a little bit high, stating (and I quote) "Oh, that's no surprise, we all know you eat too much." (I'm a bit overweight, though I actually only eat once a day.) I was shocked and offended-- I'd never expect an actual MD to speak to me that way... and for the second time in 2 appointments I was reduced to tears by this woman's rude and unnecessary comments. Everyone I've retold this experience to has agreed that this is unacceptable behavior from a doctor... As for my next appointment through Multnomah County, I plan to request a new physician...

October 30th, 2014