Dr. Karen Estrine Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Estrine?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

August 1st, 2016

Dangerous doctor who doesn't read her charts

This so called doctor is an embarrassment to medicine. She saw me in the emergency room at Baptist which has a good reputation but found her not only rude and unprofessional but down right dangerous. She made a diagnosis without even seeing me by prescribing a medication that I was allergic to. Thankfully, my husband is a physician and caught the error prior to the injection but it was obvious Dr. Karen Estrine did not read the chart. She somewhat apologized while looking at her phone at the same time. She smelled clearly like smoke (and not cigarettes) and I think was not at with it. The very nice nurse was clearly embarrassed after coming in with the medication and learning of the error. Baptist needs to investigate this doctor and her ability to practice. When we were leaving I saw her in the corner screaming on the phone to her husband. Not sure she is that well.

September 16th, 2015

Very confused dr who does not look at her charts

The doctor treated me at the Mercy ER. She is extremely rude, does not pay attention to the patient or their family while speaking (she was apparently fighting with her husband as she walked in the room as she looked at her cell phone and was all upset) and literally went to prescribe me a medication that would cause a severe allergic reaction. It was all over my paperwork which she did not even review. I questioned how she would prescribe the drug and she complained about being too tired. I think she needs to find a new job as she cannot handle the stress. I left and went to Baptist and was treated at their Urgent Care. Mercy did follow up with me and told me Dr. Estrine was no longer there! I fear where she is next hurting people needing care.

March 9th, 2017