Dr. Karen Canulla MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

July 3rd, 2011
I have been seeing Dr Canulla since she took over the practice from another psychiatrist. I have not had any problems getting an appointment, with the office staff, or with her treatment of my illness. She has monitored my medications thoroughly, including having me get bloodwork done to make sure all my levels were where they were supposed to be. In fact some of the bloodwork she ordered brought to light some issues that I did not know I had and had never been addressed by any other doctor. She explained fully if there were any possible side effects with a new medication or an increase in one I was already taking. I am very happy with her care and would happily recommend her to others.

January 17th, 2011
Condescending, Ignorant, Rushes, Inadequate, Malpractice
In my opinion, I would stay away from this doctor. She doesn't listen or remember important facts; she over-prescribes and under-prescribes medications, ignores urgent phone call-backs and emails, rude, doesn't provide adequate quantity or refills of what she writes for prescription (makes me wonder if she even knows basic math skills) the office manager is also condescending impatient and rude, overall if you want to get better, find another doctor. If you want a Dr. who doesn't waste your time and money, I urge you again to find another doctor. She has caused my condition to get worse, I can't repeat enough that I do not suggest this doctor to anyone. I'm not risking my life with her anymore and not giving her another penny. She should be disbarred and taken to court. Don't risk your life with this doctor. I've been medicated for 10 years from a previous doctor, then Dr. Canulla took her place...well I've had to do my own research on my conditions and I know what has worked and has not worked or helped me. As a patient, you have the right to say what YOU want...and you have the right to switch doctors, which my referrals and I are doing. Cancel all appointments with her. I'm not the only one who's had bad experiences with her...we're finding a different doctor as I type this. I hope some of you will take my advice...I got severe panic attacks just trying talking to her and the new staff. They treat you like you're crazy and don't be surprised she'll put you on a dangerous med.

October 15th, 2009
Accurate Filing
Although Dr. Canulla seemed like a great doctor and was treating my syptoms and the clinic I was seeing her at. She one day was no longer there, and my file was passed on to another Dr. No call from her no nothing. The new doctor continued to prescribe all the meds she had me on. 2 months of this went on until I passed out work. It seems Dr Canulla never took accurate notes of the other medications I take from other pysicians, and over time the combo of meds was a disater waiting to happen. I have suffered short term memory loss, major tremors, and now am addicted to one of her meds prescribed and having to go thru detox. She clearly had me way over medicated and did not research the effects my other meds would/could have with the meds she prescribed. I have almost lost my job over this and am on medical leave now because of it. Had this gone on longer I am not sure what the long term effects could have been. I am not the doctor she was. And if she left my file to be taken over, then it should have included the list of meds I provided her with, so the new dr had a clue, and could have picked up on her mistake.

September 26th, 2009
Patients may need patience
Only issue is the wait time...BUT that's because she takes the time needed for each person and doesnt rush through your appointment, makes you feel like you are the only patient there. So I do not mind a longer waiting time when I know that when it is my turn I will get the same level of attention and care other patients are getting. Also, the waiting area is very nice-makes the wait easier. *The office staff may take time to get used to. At first they seem to be almost rude but after a few appointments they seem to get to know you and they are actually wonderful and very helpful-so DONT let that be a turn off, just give it more time and you'll see.

September 26th, 2009
Very caring, Patient oriented, Great Dr.
Looks into all aspects to determine correct diagnosis. With so many things going on with me, she is very patient-even when it seems each appointment there is something new that has popped up! She really seems to care for you as a person not just a patient and is very supportive in building up self esteem and celebrating successes as you get better (not just a "take these pills and come back later" doc). I came to her office a complete wreck, was seeing another dr who then left the practice and I was assigned to Dr. Canulla, was so worried that first day (anything new was upsetting at that time) but she has seen me through so much and I am very lucky to have her as my Dr. Highly recommend- She 'actually' listens to you to determine your treatment and has you involved in the options. I have never had a Dr that let me have a say in my treatment. She's very encouraging, visits are comfortable (not stuffy), very easy to talk to. Regardless of the office she is in, I would recommend her to family and friends without a doubt. I always leave appointments feeling positive about my progress (even when slow