Dermatologists, Surgical Specialist, Internist
1244 Boylston St
Ste 302
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
617-731-1600
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
Feb 4th, 2013

Dr. Kim was friendly, sweet, and smiles a lot. She took the time to listen to all my concerns. I like that she wasn't too conservative in her treatment suggestions (some doctors really hold back and push you to get as little done as possible - which I understand from a medical point of view, especially when the therapies are primarily cosmetic/elective -- but sometimes that just gets annoying...) Dr. Kim "gets it" in the sense that she knows that you came here to beautify yourself and she'll gladly help you attain your cosmetic goals. HOWEVER, the prices in this office are RIDICULOUSLY over-the-top. They can charge much more because they're located in Chestnut Hill and no doubt cater to the wealthy residents of that neighborhood. Also, some of the other doctors in the office have been on Oprah so I'm sure that all the publicity also enables them to charge higher prices. I was paying $800/session for what would have been a 6-8 session laser skin treatment. But because I'm not a wealthy Chestnut Hill lady, I started to check out alternative options and now am blissfully getting the same treatment for $250/session with a different dermatologist in Boston who is just as skilled and knowledgable (if not more). So if price isn't an issue and you live in the area, then this is office would be fine but I highly recommend that you check out alternative practices elsewhere.

|  Nice, competent but extremely busy and overpriced  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

Dr. Kim was very friendly and had good bedside manner but her friendliness seemed unnecessarily exaggerated. She was constantly nodding and had a such a permanent smile affixed on her face that it sort of felt fake. She also seemed somewhat scatterbrained and forgot to do a lot of the things she had said she would do. For example, she said she would write down the scientific names of my moles and the settings at which she had programmed the laser for my own records (I like to keep track of all the specifics) but after my treatment, she just left the room and didn't come back. After I had gotten dressed, the nurse/assistant came to escort me to the check-out desk but told me that Dr. Kim was already in session with another patient and would get back to me regarding my requests but she never did.