Dr. Karen Hanten MD Patient Reviews

December 28th, 2013
After many years I will say she has taken been a fairly decent doctor though at times she is condescending/rude. Staff are friendly.

June 30th, 2013
Best Doctor Ever
You can always get in to see her. She always makes room for you if you are anxious about your kids health and will answer some things over the phone. The staff is amazing. The wait time is always less than 5 minutes. My kids adore her and actually get excited when I say they have an appointment. We have had to rush our little one to the hospital several times for Asthma attacks and Dr. Hanten personally calls the following day to check up on her just because she got a call from the hospital saying we were treated. You can usually talk to her over the phone if you need to. She is very direct and isn't wishy washy which is exactly how I want my Dr to be. She doesn't tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to know. I don't want one that I think is guessing at a diagnosis. Dr. Hanten is smart, reliable, accessible and has been a fantastic fit for our family. She spends time to answer your questions when you go in for an appointment and talks to the kids like they are people. I wish I could find a doctor like her for me!

January 28th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
My daughter is 12 and has been seeing Dr. Hanten for 11 years. We are forever grateful to Dr. Hanten for finally and correctly diagnosing my daughter with Pertussus when we had been constantly dismissed by other doctors. She has always addressed my daughter during the appointment which I find refreshing. I'm there to add information that my daughter may have missed and to observe. Dr. Hanten is down to earth and up to date on all of the information you need to know as your child grows in each stage of their life. There has been at times turn over in her staff but Joanne is usually around and very pleasant and I have found the staff always very competent and kind. We are so glad to have had Dr. Hanten in our lives.

August 22nd, 2012
Best pediatrician we have ever had
We have had to move to a few different cities with my husband's job. I have had experience with a few different pediatricians because of that. Dr. Hanten is THE BEST pediatrician we have ever had. She is extraordinarily knowledgable and treats the whole child. She is patient and kind and has a no-nonsense approach while being extremely thorough and compassionate. She answered all of our questions and gave us plenty of time to address all of our concerns. The kids and parents we met in her waiting room, and in town, all love her and were singing her praises. The atmosphere is fun and loving. We met one family who travelled over an hour to see her because they couldn't find anyone to match her after they moved away! WOW!

April 17th, 2012
Dr. Hanten is rude and misdiagnoses!
My children were sick for months! She kept sending us home or prescribing antibiotics. Went to a new Dr. And it turns out they both have several underlying issues! Rude and does not work with you for your children's health. It's her way or no way. I am so happy I left her practice! My children are doing fabulous now :)

February 22nd, 2012
Favorite Pediatrician
My favorite doctor by far, I am dreading the day I have to go to a "grown up" doctor since Im in my late teens. She is extremely friendly and caring, I strongly recommend her.

March 5th, 2009
Dr. Hanten and her staff's concern for children is outstanding, it truely shows their love for children and their health. I appreciate Dr. Hanten tries alternatives to medication first. Her values in family are evident.

January 22nd, 2009
Mother of four
Great doctor!! Highly recommended!!