Dr. Karen Hayes DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 30th, 2016
Awesome
I've been seeing KH for over a year now because my oncologist said I needed a GYN. I used to work with GYNs and had never met anyone one who was as informed, concerned, or spent as much time (unhurried) with a patient as KH. Granted, I no longer need an OB, but as a GYN, she is wonderful and open minded, not stuck in some treatment modality. I think the world of her!

February 22nd, 2016
Dr. Hayes is fabulous. She keeps up with current research and takes the time to explain everything to you. She is very compassionate. She also performed a surgery for me. She was amazing.

January 19th, 2014
This Doctor simply forgot about me
She seemed like a very good Doctor. She took the time to explain what she could about my symptoms but after the appointment first my antibiotics were not at the pharmacy and I had to wait a day for the prescription to be sent even when the provider said I had to start taking them immediately. Second, I waited 2 weeks for them to give me my test results and third, after I finally called them to get my results she said she had to refer me to another specialist but she never called back to let me know which specialist I had to go thru. I felt as she simply forgot about me and left me in limbo with a lot of pain.

June 19th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
Dr. Hayes always spend all the time I needed to discuss my pregnancy. When it came tome to deliver my baby, her timing was impeccable. We woke her up very early when I had contractions, met at the hospital, and when it came time to deliver she was there and walked me through everything. It was an overall wonderful experience and I still go to her for check-ups. She even called me in the evening before to follow up. her staff is knowledgeable and friendly as well, especially Stacy at the front desk.

August 3rd, 2012
Great OB!
I love Dr. Hayes!! This is my first pregnancy and I was kind nervous at the beginning. Dr. Hayes was with me for the whole 41 weeks and of course in the delivery room. She is very knowledgeable, support,patient and humorous. She is also very gentle and I didn't even notice she did the pap smear tests, cervix exams... since she could make me totally relax. On the big day, Dr. Hayes came to the delivery room when my husband and I just arrived the hospital (not like most OBs who show up at the last minute). She did all the cervix check and even did perineal message for me. she slept at hospital the night i was in labor.I pushed for almost three hours and she was with me the whole time, holding the towel for me that I could push better. I feel she really cares about me and I totally trust her. I will definitely go to her for my second pregnancy. It is true that sometime i have to wait in an appointment when she is behind the schedule but it worth the waiting!

June 10th, 2011
Prepare for a long wait and little help
I was refered to Dr. Hayes and found her office staff very difficult to work with. I was offered one appointment time and was told that if that time would not work I would have to wait over a month to see her. I drove over 75 miles to see Dr. Hayes only to be called 20 minutes before my visit and told that she was running two hours late. I was offered the opportunity to reschedule or come in at my scheduled time and wait. Since I had already driven over an hour I opted to wait. I waited over two hours in a tiny, stuffy, terribly outdated exam room while nurses came in and asked the same questions I had already completed on the required paperwork prior to my visit. Finally after two hours of waiting, Dr. Hayes came in, looked over my medical history, and gave her opinion which was less than helpful. She did not ask me any questions but when I tried to interject she was very dismissive regarding my thoughts/feelings/symptoms. This visit was a complete waste of my time and money and now I have to once again look for a new doctor.

September 14th, 2009
first visit
Excellent caring and explanation of procedures, recommendations, and bedside manner. Looking forward to a long relationship.