2.5

Dr. Who?!?!?!? show details Dr. Who?!?!?!?
May 15th, 2016

Gave me the wrong diagnosis. I've never been to a psychiatrist before, but was referred after not sleeping for 3 months after I graduated college. After having bad anxiety that escalated to where I wasn't sleeping.....she came up with bipolar disorder. Being young and naive, I wasn't sure what was going on but decided to take the meds she prescribed me. After 2 months of still not sleeping and having a flat affect....she kept telling me to increase my meds. I ended up moving and I was really sick. I was 22 at that time and I made an appointment with one of the top psychiatrists and he said I should of never been prescribed bipolar meds, she never screened me properly and that my diagnosis was generalized anxiety disorder. He screened me for bipolar and I didn't meet any of the criteria. My serotonin levels were depleted and it was all fixed with an SSRI. Now I'm 28, graduating with my bachelors of science in nursing, was able to get off of my SSRI and have more knowledge of investigating diagnoses before trusting them. It's a lesson that everyone must learn to take because we have to be the advocates for our own health. Doctors are not geniuses. I'm upset because I was getting sicker on that medication and she didn't investigate why when I brought up what I was experiencing. Her bedside manner is as cold as Antarctica. Warning: find someone else to be your psychiatrist because in that field, you need someone with compassion and someone who is willing to truly investigate the underlying cause of whatever you are dealing with.

Worst experience ever show details Worst experience ever
by Tara on Jul 10th, 2013

Im 24 years old and Dr. Hopp misdiagnosed my chronic sleep/anxiety disorder, put me on a medication for three months and persisted me to keep upping the dosage when I was unable to sleep for six months total. Meanwhile, I kept calling and leaving her messages because I was at my breaking point of not having any sleep for a long time. She had one of the Medical assistants call me back and tell me there was nothing more she can help me with. I had very scary side effects on the medicine she prescribed me and she kept telling me that the medicine didn't cause it, when in fact many people were complaining about the same side effects online. In the meantime, she continues to tell me to up my dosage while my immune system was declining because of not sleeping. She's very unsympathetic, has a short and cunning personality and she is in no position of knowing what to do as a paychiatrist. I was able to finally find an amazing doctor who has been in the field for many years and teaches at a university. He was so upset that Dr.Hopp put me on a medication that I should have never been on , she misdiagnosed me and told me that if I wasn't able to sleep in a week, he would have took me off of it. Please look elsewhere for a doctor who truly cares about their patients and is in tune with how you are feeling.

im not impressed at all show details im not impressed at all
by lourdus roma on Apr 16th, 2013

I went to see this doctor and it was the most horrible day of my life she was so pushy and not concerned about my needs and making me unconfortable she also seem like she want to evaluate you for something else that is uncalled for and have you talking to random people in her facility and making you say things that you don't mean I didn't know she was a psychiatrist but now I do and its crazy because she makes you feel very bad under her care make sure you always watch you back and always be firm with your problems i with not visit with this doctor ever again she will lock you uppp

very disapointed show details very disapointed
Jun 19th, 2012

I had an urgent appt scheduled with Dr. Hopp in regards to my anxioty disorder. I left detailed info on why I needed to see her with the front desk staff. I was told by office staff that they had a 4:00 opening but not to be late because Dr. Hopp was leaving for vacation. I was 20 mins early. (3:40)I was taken in the room at 4:05 and there I waited till 4:45. I had given up that anyone was going to see me, when I walk out of the room Dr Hopp said "oh I was just coming in to see you" I was so upset that my Dr. did not care enough to take my visit seriously and I turned around and she just stared at me and said nothing, she could see how upset I was but still did not seem to care weather I stayed or left. Its hard enough waiting in a small room, but add in an mental disorder to the wait time it begans to feel unbearable! Dr Hopp is a Psychiatrist you would think she would know that. Its hard to find a Doctor that listens to you and wants to help you. sometimes you just want to give up!