Dr. Karen Jackson MD Patient Reviews

1.7

no change

October 9th, 2016
Should not be practicing
This physician is incompetent and dangerous. Several years ago i came to see her for bilous vomiting and extreme stomach pain. She continued to send me home. I didnt know it at the time but i was vomiting bile due to a severe obstruction. I checked myself into emergency and according to my surgeon i had maybe another hour or two and i would have been dead. What doctor doesnt recognize critical life- threatening stmptoms and the description of bile? I presented with the classic easy to tecognize stmptoms of critical and emergency GI distress. For a week she continued to send me home and scheduled me for radiology exams seceral weeks into the future, i would be dead if i hadn't been so delirious after a week of no sleep, no food, no water, and pain so bad my limbs went numb and checked into the ER.

February 8th, 2016
below average experience
Never bothered to ask me for symptoms or how I was feeling. Overall she seemed dis interested in her job. changed her from my primary.

February 28th, 2015
I think you're better off doing a google search on your symptoms.

September 14th, 2013
A poor experience
I had a really negative experience with this provider, one of the worst I've ever encountered. I think her listening skills are terrible, her bedside manner could be best described as disinterested, and overall she was unprofessional and even used a 4-letter word during my appointment. She argued with me over how my body reacts to certain medications, and became frustrated (including a visible roll of the eyes) when I could not list previous medications I had tried for a certain condition. Most importantly to me, I didn't feel there was any partnering going on. This was old-school "doctor knows best" kind of medicine that I had hoped was long gone. At any rate, I should have known better when I found how easy it was to book an appointment with Dr. Jackson. Also when asking the staff for recommendations, her name was never mentioned as one of the better providers at this practice.

June 3rd, 2008
Caring and understanding. Refers me for tests as needed. Never seems rushed. Follows up on tests and referrals.