Dr. Karen King DO Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2017
Wife and daughter have to find new doctor for the 3rd time. She nolonger accepts Military Health Insurance
Tired of doctors not accepting military health insurance. All disabled Veterans with her have to take a hike. Nice. Refuse service to the ones who protect you.

October 25th, 2016
Great bed side manner
Love Dr. King!

January 31st, 2016
I absolutely love this office. My kids actually enjoying going to see PA Hornsby. She is so awesome.

January 28th, 2016
Great doctor that sits down and talks to you regarding anything at all you need to talk about. Very soothing manner. Her physician's assistance is a great substitute when Dr. King is out. I would definitely recommend them to other.

March 7th, 2015
Do not go there. They have no idea what they are doing.

February 3rd, 2014
Doctor absent
I have been here several times, and have only seen a 'nurse practitioner'. I've gotten my prescriptions but have never even MET the doctor, which strikes me as very strange, and not in a good way. To authorize prescriptions without seeing a patient just seems improper. The office staff isn't rude, but they aren't friendly either.

November 14th, 2012
Poor availability, poor staff, doctor ok

November 28th, 2011
CARING & WONDERFUL DOCTOR
Dr. King has been a caring doctor for myself & my husband. My mother & son & fellow employees now go to her also.She has helped me with my husband who was ill & found that he had cancer. She has helped him with anxiety & depression. She was able to diagnose my severe depression & my diabetes. Dr. King has helped us fill out many forms for the disability office and attorneys that she really did not know how to do.Dr. King has been my doctor for over 15 years and my husbands for almost 9 years.She is the most caring doctor I have ever had. I wish there were more like her. Sometimes I know you have to wait some but, she is well worth the wait. I was shocked that someone wrote that no office would be closed because of the weather. I do not know where she lives but, I live five minutes from her office and you could not even drive because of the ice. I am glad that she cared enough for her employees and patients to not allow them to put their lives in harms way. Also, Dr. King has called me back every time I have called even on a Sunday morning at 6:00 am. I have nothing but high praise for her and her staff. They have even opened up there office after hours for me to pick up samples which she freely gives. Please make a decision by seeing her yourself and you will see what I mean.

August 4th, 2011
Overall Good

February 22nd, 2011
Un-accomodating Doctor & Staff
I saw Dr. King once in her office. While she was pleasant and easy to speak to, the inefficient way she manages her office is a very big sore spot for me. She failed to come into her office to see patients for almost a week due to "bad weather". I am from up north and I have NEVER heard of any doctor not seeing patients for a week because of the weather. The weather here was not that bad for an entire week! She does NOT have an answering service so I was unable to reach her when I needed medical care during the bad weather. In addition, her office is quite non-accommodating when dealing with changes in insurance, even insurance they accept. They refused to see me the second time without an insurance card, even though I had all of my insurance information written down to give them in order to verify benefits. Their failure to work with and to be accommodating to their patients has caused me to seek out a different primary care physician. I expect my doctor to be there for me; I had to wait almost two weeks for routine blood test results when the lab she used is in the same building! Her office staff was rude and snotty, and non-accommodating. I would stay far, far away from this doctor if you have a chronic illness or any medical issues that need addressed in a timely manner. I did not know if her office was closed or not a few weeks back and since I couldn't get a hold of an answering service of any kind, I called the ER and asked if they had an additional number for her. The ER unit secretary told me that they did NOT have an additional phone number for Dr. King and that when her patients are in either the ER or the hospital, she doesn't return their phone calls and is very difficult to get a hold of. I don't know about anyone else, but that is a doctor I do not want anywhere near me! If you are very sick, she will NOT be there for you when you need her as your doctor. My advice is RUN, RUN, RUN, especially if you are chronically ill.

February 28th, 2010
Great Doctor, listens to what i was saying, and very caring. Wish we have Doctors like her.

November 20th, 2009