Dr. Karen Kohut MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

June 29th, 2011
DR. KAREN KOHUT IS AN AWESOME DOCTOR
I had an OBGYN that I opted not to continue with as my doctor prior to Dr. Kohut becoming my OBGYN. I am very glad that I made this decision. Dr. Karen Kohut is a great doctor & I would recommend her to others. I had a High-Risk Pregnancy,a lot of food allergies, etc. I went in there with the questions ready to be asked & she answered them accordingly. I did the research of hospitals that took my insurance prior to even meeting Dr. Kohut. I was a very PROACTIVE patient.RE:Staff @ both locations:Great. The staff were always able to work me into schedule. I made any wait time go by fast by being interactive with the staff.RE: Wait time...I do not have anything to complain about. Seeing a great Doctor is sometimes worth the wait especially when you are pregnant. She is a doctor, things do come up (births, high-risk pregnancy patients that need to be seen, etc.)RE: Actual Office Time with the Doctor. I found her to be very interactive and attentive to my needs during and after my pregnancy during office visits. The follow-up after care attentiveness continued. I found Dr. Karen Kohut to have a great bedside manner...(EX: I was set on a vaginal delivery for my baby boy and everyone knew that as a person with a Fitness background I did not want a C-Section...but do to complications...I had to have a C-Section. Dr. Kohut sat at my bedside and broke the news to me that I had to have a C-section. She was kind when she spoke to me and saved my baby)RE: DR. KAREN KOHUT. I am REALLY glad that Dr. Kohut delivered my Baby Boy. Personal Thoughts: Essentially you spend 8-9 months (and when you are a High-Risk Pregnancy patient...you see them more than usual whether it be on a weekly/monthly basis)with the Doctor & their staff, if you allow & have the personality to be Communicative, Pro-Active, etc...you may end up thinking of these once total strangers as close confidants...after all this is the Doctor (person) that will touch/hold your baby before you do.Thank you Dr. Kohut for being such a great doctor. And again, a million thanks for delivering my Baby Boy.

June 13th, 2011
Uneasy
Dr. Kohut is always late. I realize she is a doctor but my time is also important she was very short in answering questions seemed pre occupied. I felt very uneasy as to her care of my high risk pregnancy seem to forget things finally switched for my safety. Her staff is pleasant but good luck with her.

November 28th, 2010
I started seeing Dr. Kohut when I was 4 months pregnant. Her PA, Ami, was great! I wish I could have been able to stay with her but she isn't an OBGYN yet =/ My problem with Dr. Kohut is the fact she is NEVER on time. Not once since I have been seeing her, 5 months now, has she ever seen me on time.It's not like she was super busy, had no medical assistant or any real excuse. I will see her as the MA's prep me for the room and once in the room the wait would begin. I could sit there any where from 20 minutes to an hour. I've NEVER seen her anytime sooner! Then when she is examining she doesn't talk, very short and forgetful. She would measure my belly & then listen to the heartbeat. Then she would try to measure my belly again, this happen plenty of times...not just randomly like she was having a bad day.I really regret staying with her. I thought thins might improve...No clue why I thought that haha. I didn't have too many problems during my pregnancy but when I did she was helpful but I had to ask a lot of questions to find out imformation I needed to know.I had a preterm scare in my pregnancy & she had sent me to a hospital that did not accept my insurance. Sooo I ended up with a huge bill even though she told me they did accept it. I suggest you find a new Dr, don't go with Dr. Kohut. Her staff is great though =)

March 22nd, 2009
Diagnosis was in accurate she was impatient and difficult to talk to.