Dr. Karen Kolba MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 13th, 2015
Dr Kolba is one of the best doctors I know. She takes the time to listen to what is going on with each patient. She is very knowledgeable in all areas and gives the best advice ever. She has helped my husband through several difficult diagnosis. We love her.

July 30th, 2015
Of all my excellent doctors, she is my most caring. I trust her completely.

May 25th, 2015
Mean spirited person
Not well liked, from what i can tell. As a patient she treats us very nice, but the way she is when she is not seeing patients is what, I think, turns people off. Overly critical person? I can see it. Psychological issues? I wouldn't doubt it. Mean and abrasive towards others? Definitely. My question is can you find a very good Rheumatologist that doesn't exhibit any of that? Highly likely and probably beneficial in the long run.

February 7th, 2015
englishman
cruel, cranky, old, and did i say not very nice.

January 31st, 2015
Yikes...
She may be board certified in medicine but I think this doctor needs to be board certified in people skills. She may be bipolar or has some sort of personality disorder.

January 11th, 2015
She always gets you in no matter what. She's terrific!

December 9th, 2013
Best Rheumatologist in 35 years!
My husband has had RA for the past 35 years and saw 5 different doctors in 5 different areas prior to having the good fortune of discovering Dr. Kolba when we moved to the Central Coast. She is, by far, the most caring, intelligent and competent doctors my husband has seen. She treats the person, not the disease. We feel so fortunate to have found her, even if it did take 35 years!

December 5th, 2013
Mr
Don't believe the negative reviews! This is one of the best Rheumatologists you will ever see. Dr Kolba is very knowledgeable and will take the time to listen to you. Her dogs are wonderful and CLEAN and so is the office.

June 5th, 2013
Excellent doctor
After reading some of the negative comments here, I felt compelled to tell my experience with Dr. Kolba. I have had severe RA for 36 years and have been seeing her for 15 of those, so I feel I know her and her office very well. She turned my life around by figuring out the best program of treatment and striving to keep me pain-free, something that had not been possible with my previous doctor. Not only has she been compassionate toward me, she has also advised me about assistance in obtaining some of the most expensive medications. I’ve spoken with other patients and have heard similar viewpoints as mine. Never have I heard a patient complain about Dr. Kolba or her dogs or her office staff or her political views. Even if I didn’t like her staff or dogs or views, it would not prevent me from seeing a doctor I consider a brilliant physician. I believe her medical knowledge is the most important aspect, not these other things. By the way, her dogs are seen in the office only periodically, and patients I know love them and even bring them treats. I have to believe that the reviews here that exaggerate the dogs’ presence are only from transient patients who are making quick judgments, not long-term established patients.

May 2nd, 2013
Help u if go here
Malicious physician. Will do anything and everything to screw you over.

April 28th, 2013
Hate to say it
The most memorable thing about my visit was the physician's dogs running around the clinic. I don't mind it. But that's where the good stops with this physician. She definitely has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to the male gender. She seems knowledgeable, but her ego is a huge turnoff. She treated me with methotrexate and I don't feel like it's controlling my arthhritis. I couldn't shake the cold and unwelcoming feeling stepping into this clinic. Can't explain it but it felt the whole set up made my skin stand and want to leave my body. Or maybe that was the methotrexate. I can't tell.

April 9th, 2013
HORRIBLE OFFICE GO TO DR. EIBUSHUTZ!
Office was very unprofessional with dogs roaming in the office and dog hair trailing behind. Unclean office! Triple check your insurance is contracted with this doctor before visit. Office makes big mistakes told be that they take my insurance then realized someone made a mistake in their office and now expects be to pay over 300 dollars, after double checking about my insurance. Unethical practice of stating that they accept your insurance and then turning around and billing you for full amount. After long lengthy conversation with office the doctor offered to cut my bill but no where near what I should of paid in reality. The office doesn't even deserve one star! OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE AND NASTY UNPROFESSIONAL! I had to turn the volume down on my cell phone because an office employee was "speaking" too loudly at me.