Dr. Karen Kolba Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Kolba?

May 25th, 2017

A very gruff and nonprofessional manner was the starting point of our appointment. the doctor totally decided with no real basis most of my long established diagnoses were not accurate. she performed no real physical exam. . when we are asking for help in the medical sense, one does not expect to be so completely disrespected. after an hour of talking AT me, while typing the entire time her notes into the computer, she hit the print button and gave me a copy of what she felt what was "wrong" with me. wow! she apparently decided my medical status on the basis of reading the 10 or so med history pages we were required to submit prior to our appointment, which i assumed were the "starting point" to our appointment. rather, they became her basis for "her" diagnosis. (they were all very accurate medical professional diagnoses from doctors at different med centers). after reading what she had typed, i thought she must have spent the hour with "another patient", not me. i believe she thought because i was still walking at all with my many diagnoses, that they must be wrong. THAT IS THE NATURE OF RHEUMATOLOGICAL DISORDERS!! they flare and the severity comes and goes. the one disorder i was actually referred to her for did yield some good information.

January 28th, 2017

superficially nice yes, but definitely a genuinely mean person

will obviously treat pt's nice, because she has to. but people should be judged by how they treat individuals they don't have to treat nicely. She definitely will treat those that she does have power over like trash. Including her office workers, medical students, pharmaceutical reps, waitresses. I would go to a knowledgeable physician who treats everyone nice.

November 8th, 2016

Great Doctor has been a huge helped to me over many years now.

Dr. Kolba communicates extremely well with her patients, takes her time to be sure you well cared for and she is a very knowledgeable doctor. We are lucky to have her in our area.

August 13th, 2015

Dr Kolba is one of the best doctors I know. She takes the time to listen to what is going on with each patient. She is very knowledgeable in all areas and gives the best advice ever. She has helped my husband through several difficult diagnosis. We love her.

July 30th, 2015

Of all my excellent doctors, she is my most caring. I trust her completely.

May 25th, 2015

Mean spirited person

Not well liked, from what i can tell. As a patient she treats us very nice, but the way she is when she is not seeing patients is what, I think, turns people off. Overly critical person? I can see it. Psychological issues? I wouldn't doubt it. Mean and abrasive towards others? Definitely. My question is can you find a very good Rheumatologist that doesn't exhibit any of that? Highly likely and probably beneficial in the long run.

February 7th, 2015

englishman

cruel, cranky, old, and did i say not very nice.

January 31st, 2015

Yikes...

She may be board certified in medicine but I think this doctor needs to be board certified in people skills. She may be bipolar or has some sort of personality disorder.

January 11th, 2015

She always gets you in no matter what. She's terrific!

December 9th, 2013

Best Rheumatologist in 35 years!

My husband has had RA for the past 35 years and saw 5 different doctors in 5 different areas prior to having the good fortune of discovering Dr. Kolba when we moved to the Central Coast. She is, by far, the most caring, intelligent and competent doctors my husband has seen. She treats the person, not the disease. We feel so fortunate to have found her, even if it did take 35 years!

December 5th, 2013

Mr

Don't believe the negative reviews! This is one of the best Rheumatologists you will ever see. Dr Kolba is very knowledgeable and will take the time to listen to you. Her dogs are wonderful and CLEAN and so is the office.

June 6th, 2013

Excellent doctor

After reading some of the negative comments here, I felt compelled to tell my experience with Dr. Kolba. I have had severe RA for 36 years and have been seeing her for 15 of those, so I feel I know her and her office very well. She turned my life around by figuring out the best program of treatment and striving to keep me pain-free, something that had not been possible with my previous doctor. Not only has she been compassionate toward me, she has also advised me about assistance in obtaining some of the most expensive medications. I’ve spoken with other patients and have heard similar viewpoints as mine. Never have I heard a patient complain about Dr. Kolba or her dogs or her office staff or her political views. Even if I didn’t like her staff or dogs or views, it would not prevent me from seeing a doctor I consider a brilliant physician. I believe her medical knowledge is the most important aspect, not these other things. By the way, her dogs are seen in the office only periodically, and patients I know love them and even bring them treats. I have to believe that the reviews here that exaggerate the dogs’ presence are only from transient patients who are making quick judgments, not long-term established patients.