Dr. Karen Kostroff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

September 1st, 2016
My experience with Dr Kostroff was 4 yrs ago , I was very scared & nervous after being told I had breast cancer at a facility in Florida . Meeting Dr. Kostroff was the best thing at the time to happen to me , she was kind. Spoke softly & assured me she understood what I was going through ! And I felt it ..... Her diagnosis was different that the surgeons in Fla . Dr Kostroff was my third opinion & she & a dr from Montefiore agreed on the Sam diagnosis ! There had to be a lumpectomy ! With radiation to follow ! She is by far a wonderful Dr. I was completely on board with her ! Lumpectomy went well ....I'm 4 yrs out & feeling very good ! I see her once a year & it's always a pleasure ...if your looking for a breast surgeon ? She's the BEST !

March 10th, 2016
Dr. Kostroff is amazing. She is kind and compassionate. She saved my life by removing my cancer. It didn't recur which means she got it all. I am very thankful to her, She is great.

February 12th, 2015
No one better
Dr. Kostroff has been my breast surgeon and was the one who diagnosed me with Stage 2 breast cancer at the age of 31. I am now 41 and her professionalism and genuine care for her pAtients is top notch! She is top in her field and wouldn't choose anyone other the her!

December 30th, 2013
Kindhearted/more than knowledgable
I just had a partial mastectomy.I was told to get a second opinion by a previous Dr.am I glad I did.Dr.Kostroff told me and my spouse all we needed to know,without scaring me.She incouraged and answered all our questions in the most caring and educated manner possible.I would refer anyone who I know to her without any doubts.I am on the mend now. Thank you Dr.Karen M. Kostoroff you are a wonderful person.

March 2nd, 2012
Dr. Kostroff is extremely thorough and very caring. She is on top of all patient tests and provides swift results and easy to understand explanations of the results.

November 17th, 2011
Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.
Dr. Kostroff saved my life both with her medical guidance and approach as well as her wonderful bedside manner. I am forever indebted to her.

January 19th, 2011
Donna
I am a current patient of Dr Kostroff since I was diagnosed back in 02. She showed me more compassion and understanding than any other doctor did at my time of need. She is truly a smart, caring and professional Dr. I highly recommend her for anyone with breast cancer.

November 5th, 2010
Top rated surgeon
One of the most amazing doctors and caring individuals I have ever met who takes her time with each patient and makes you know how much you mean as an individual not just as a patient....warm and considerate, I was able to ask as many questions as I needed and her surgical technique was top notch.

June 6th, 2010
barbara z
I was able to get an appointment almost immediately and the Doctor and her staff were of the utmost courtesy to me. Not only was the doctor compassionate her office manager made me feel like I couldnt be in better hands. Very loyal and very good at what she does. Makes the patients feel a sense of relaxation under the stress we are under. When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer I was told to seek a second opinion and the doctor and her office manager assured me that I should do that. They were so sincere and caring and I did seek another opinion and in turn returned to her. Bottom line, great doctor and staff.

March 14th, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr. Kostroff is a great doctor. She is caring and compassionate. She is also tops in her field and the Chief of Breast Surgery for the whole North Shore/LIJ system. Dr. Kostroff really helped me and was caring and kind at all times, she made me feel at ease throughout a difficult diagnosis. I did think the office staff left a bit to be desired. Dr. Kostroff is the best breast surgeon you could find.

June 2nd, 2009
Dr. Kostroff makes you feel confident that no matter the diagnosis, you are in the hands of a physician who cares and will do their utmost to achieve the best possible outcome.