No one better show details No one better
by Veronica Connolly on Feb 12th, 2015

Dr. Kostroff has been my breast surgeon and was the one who diagnosed me with Stage 2 breast cancer at the age of 31. I am now 41 and her professionalism and genuine care for her pAtients is top notch! She is top in her field and wouldn't choose anyone other the her!

Kindhearted/more than knowledgable show details Kindhearted/more than knowledgable
by Rose of Sharon on Dec 30th, 2013

I just had a partial mastectomy.I was told to get a second opinion by a previous Dr.am I glad I did.Dr.Kostroff told me and my spouse all we needed to know,without scaring me.She incouraged and answered all our questions in the most caring and educated manner possible.I would refer anyone who I know to her without any doubts.I am on the mend now. Thank you Dr.Karen M. Kostoroff you are a wonderful person.

Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Kostroff is extremely thorough and very caring. She is on top of all patient tests and provides swift results and easy to understand explanations of the results.

Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D. show details Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.
Nov 17th, 2011

Dr. Kostroff saved my life both with her medical guidance and approach as well as her wonderful bedside manner. I am forever indebted to her.

Donna show details Donna
Jan 19th, 2011

I am a current patient of Dr Kostroff since I was diagnosed back in 02. She showed me more compassion and understanding than any other doctor did at my time of need. She is truly a smart, caring and professional Dr. I highly recommend her for anyone with breast cancer.

Top rated surgeon show details Top rated surgeon
by Jessica Mattera-Bolz on Nov 5th, 2010

One of the most amazing doctors and caring individuals I have ever met who takes her time with each patient and makes you know how much you mean as an individual not just as a patient....warm and considerate, I was able to ask as many questions as I needed and her surgical technique was top notch.

barbara z show details barbara z
Jun 6th, 2010

I was able to get an appointment almost immediately and the Doctor and her staff were of the utmost courtesy to me. Not only was the doctor compassionate her office manager made me feel like I couldnt be in better hands. Very loyal and very good at what she does. Makes the patients feel a sense of relaxation under the stress we are under. When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer I was told to seek a second opinion and the doctor and her office manager assured me that I should do that. They were so sincere and caring and I did seek another opinion and in turn returned to her. Bottom line, great doctor and staff.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Mar 14th, 2010

Dr. Kostroff is a great doctor. She is caring and compassionate. She is also tops in her field and the Chief of Breast Surgery for the whole North Shore/LIJ system. Dr. Kostroff really helped me and was caring and kind at all times, she made me feel at ease throughout a difficult diagnosis. I did think the office staff left a bit to be desired. Dr. Kostroff is the best breast surgeon you could find.

by Hillary on Jun 2nd, 2009

Dr. Kostroff makes you feel confident that no matter the diagnosis, you are in the hands of a physician who cares and will do their utmost to achieve the best possible outcome.