Surgeon
2001 Marcus Ave
Ste W270
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
(516) 775-7676
Locations and availability (1)

|  Kindhearted/more than knowledgable  |  show details
by Rose of Sharon on Dec 30th, 2013

I just had a partial mastectomy.I was told to get a second opinion by a previous Dr.am I glad I did.Dr.Kostroff told me and my spouse all we needed to know,without scaring me.She incouraged and answered all our questions in the most caring and educated manner possible.I would refer anyone who I know to her without any doubts.I am on the mend now. Thank you Dr.Karen M. Kostoroff you are a wonderful person.

|  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Kostroff is extremely thorough and very caring. She is on top of all patient tests and provides swift results and easy to understand explanations of the results.

|  Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.Dr. Monica Erdely, Ed.D.  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2011

Dr. Kostroff saved my life both with her medical guidance and approach as well as her wonderful bedside manner. I am forever indebted to her.

|  Donna  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

I am a current patient of Dr Kostroff since I was diagnosed back in 02. She showed me more compassion and understanding than any other doctor did at my time of need. She is truly a smart, caring and professional Dr. I highly recommend her for anyone with breast cancer.

|  Top rated surgeon  |  show details
by Jessica Mattera-Bolz on Nov 5th, 2010

One of the most amazing doctors and caring individuals I have ever met who takes her time with each patient and makes you know how much you mean as an individual not just as a patient....warm and considerate, I was able to ask as many questions as I needed and her surgical technique was top notch.

|  barbara z  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2010

I was able to get an appointment almost immediately and the Doctor and her staff were of the utmost courtesy to me. Not only was the doctor compassionate her office manager made me feel like I couldnt be in better hands. Very loyal and very good at what she does. Makes the patients feel a sense of relaxation under the stress we are under. When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer I was told to seek a second opinion and the doctor and her office manager assured me that I should do that. They were so sincere and caring and I did seek another opinion and in turn returned to her. Bottom line, great doctor and staff.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2010

Dr. Kostroff is a great doctor. She is caring and compassionate. She is also tops in her field and the Chief of Breast Surgery for the whole North Shore/LIJ system. Dr. Kostroff really helped me and was caring and kind at all times, she made me feel at ease throughout a difficult diagnosis. I did think the office staff left a bit to be desired. Dr. Kostroff is the best breast surgeon you could find.

|  show details
by Hillary on Jun 2nd, 2009

Dr. Kostroff makes you feel confident that no matter the diagnosis, you are in the hands of a physician who cares and will do their utmost to achieve the best possible outcome.