Dr. Karen Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Raeford, NC

3.2

March 24th, 2017
Satisfied Patient for 15 Years
Having Dr. Karen Smith as my primary physician has been awesome. She is a gentle soul who has guided my family and myself through many situations never failing to be on point! We are better for having selected her as our physician and will continue to keep her to ensure our health care remains at this standard! We are proud of her many accomplishments in many fields and applaud her efforts for each of us! However, the office has dropped the ball on some occasions which is stress provoking, Wait time while understandable is extremely long with or without an appointment. She hired more help recently and it should speed things up. When you have the best it is expected others will also flock to her causing delays,

January 25th, 2017
Not pleased at all
Severe wait time every time I go in. Every time its three to four hours. She does not discuss things with you she checks your throat and belly that's it. Does not ask you any questions. Puts in for medications without tall ng to you about it. Called in my blood pressure medication wrong. Keeps lowering my pain meds without discussing it with me. Like today I called to see if my script was ready they told me to come after 12 I get there and she comes out and says not until Feb 6 the when it was supposed to be today so now I have to go without my medicine for a week and a half. I drive an hour there and back and this was uncalled for. I am looking for a new doctor asap. Totally unprofessional. If you want a good Dr don't go here.

September 26th, 2016
her work ethics
The only reason I am still there is because she is on my Medicaid card.

September 3rd, 2016
Wonderful and caring doctor
Dr. Smith has a wonderful family doctor to all her patients. She thoroughly evaluates a patients symptoms, listens to our own personal concerns, the staff are friendly to patients. The doctors office is exceptionally clean and relaxing waiting area..

July 18th, 2016
Terrible experience
I was a new patient and was told to arrive 20 minutes prior to my appointment to fill out paperwork. I arrived at 1:40 for my 2pm appointment. I was not checked in or even acknowledged until 2:15. After being checked in I wasn't even given any paperwork to fill out. At 3:20 a nurse finally came in and did my vitals. The nurse then proceeded to put a cup with my name down on the sink and walk out. I took the cup to the bathroom assuming that it was for a urine specimen. I did not see or hear from a nurse for 1.5 hours after my vitals were taken. That puts me at 3 hours of sitting and only having had my blood pressure taken. Not one time was I checked or given an update.

February 24th, 2016
can be a good doctor but she is very slow and over schedules

January 16th, 2015
Dr. Karen Smith is a very thorough and accurate Dr. She cares about the patience and spends time with them. Follow up on all cases.

January 22nd, 2009
If you plan on visiting her office plan on spending atleast 3 hours of your day there. Pack a lunch, take the day off from work. She will have no idea why your there even if it is for a follow up. I've been waiting for an order to see PT for almost 3 weeks now. I would not waste my time. This is just like waiting in the ER to be seen. Find another doctor.