Dr. Karen Lecomte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

December 1st, 2016
I felt that she did not listen to what my son told her on 2nd visit. like the saying goes "if its wo

November 17th, 2016
Horrible Doctor
Doesn't listen to the patient. I had gone to the ER and was told certain things about my MRI. She had made up her mind before I even walked into her office. She told me everything was normal when I knew it wasn't because of my symptoms. She tried to pass it off as being all in my head, then she tried to tell me it was high blood pressure. I explained that I have white coat syndrome and that I had already been tested and my heart was fine. She did a very brief once over. Then told me I needed anxiety meds. She then complained that she allowed the appointment because of the ER visit and that she had patients waiting. She refused to listen and basically blew me off.

November 17th, 2016
Doesn't listen to the patient

May 20th, 2016
Tries to be friendly has a pleasant bedside manner. But doesn't really hear your concerns and isn't willing to make further investigation into symptoms puts off how you feel. Hesitant to make a diegnoses.

March 10th, 2016
Horrible Doctor
This Doctor is the lest empathetic person you will ever meet!!! Very rude and not knowledgeable at all!! Dont bother seeing her she will just claim your symptoms are in your head!!

November 23rd, 2015
Don't know what this is.
Dr. Karen Lecomte is an excellent doctor in my opinion. She is very attentive to my questions and concerns, and has excellent skills and references. to treatment.

August 22nd, 2015
MD straight forward & NO BS involved....
Waited 3 months for appt that was a referral. It was for pain management, MD was very late & I was promptly told she doesn't "DO" chronic pain. She was more upset than I & tried to get me in the same day with another Doc. No appts available that day but I told her I could stay in the area until next day (I drove 2 1/2 hrs one way). Stayed in NM at motel & did Pain appt next day. She was very attentive & concerned about my health/pain & tried everything possible to help (more than I can say about Durango CO area!) Thank you, Doctor, & I will be making the trip to see you again...

July 17th, 2015
Most caring and compassionate Neurologist, EVER!
Dr. Lecomte was very accomodating, helpful, and compassionate. She spent a great deal of time reviewing and answering questions and concerns I had each time I visited. Her nurse, Tina was extremely helpful and comforting as well. I highly recommend Dr. Lecomte and her team!

January 5th, 2015
At follow up appointment, Karen ranted about the poor insurance payment for her first visit. Stated that the insurance did not pay any better that Medicare. Looked up copy of insurance remit, and found that they had paid her charges at 100%! She did not wish to continue care and said she would refer us out to a another doctor. Very unprofessional and not at all interested in the welfare of her patient.

September 11th, 2014
Complete lack of respect
She had taken the time to speak to my PCP and knew the particulars of my case and so I was feeling very good when the appt. began. Then she announced that the radiologist and the other Doctors I had seen didn't know what they were talking about and that I was "completely healthy." Well the last time a doctor did not listen to be about symtoms and said it was all in my head I had a stroke so I was a little concerned to say the least. She did a very short exam, would not listen to anything I had to tell her as she had made up her mind before I got there which was I had sleep apnea. I informed her I had been tested for it already 3 times but she would hear none of it! When my husband tried to speak she told him "his opinion didn't really matter and so there was no point in sharing it." It requires good listening skills to be a good doctor and she has none. I would never recommend anyone waste their time or energy seeing this doctor.She needs to get a job in research where she doesn't have to interact with human beings.

July 8th, 2014
Rude, combative, uncaring.
I was a new patient. She saw in my chart that I have lyme disease. I was seeing her because I was having severe and frequent migraines. But she came stomping in, ranting "IF YOU ARE HERE TO TALK ABOUT LYME DISEASE I AM NOT YOUR DOCTOR" went on and on about how it is overdiagnosed, etc etc. She must have said 3 times "I AM NOT YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU WANT ME TO...." blah blah blah. When I was finally able to squeeze in a word about not wanting to discuss my disease, thank you very much, but my migraines, she didn't care one bit. Just sort of shrugged me off and begrudgingly said she'd give me a prescription. She left, as though I had really put her out by showing up that day and wanting help. If the woman hates her job so much, or her patients so much, she needs to find another line of work. And perhaps some anger management courses would be fitting, as well.

April 20th, 2014
Good experience
I'm surprised at the reviews as I had just the opposite experience. Dr Lecomte took a huge amount of time with my 93 year old mother. Very different from other docs who assume every symptom is just old age. She worked extensively via phone with my family to help get med levels adjusted. A very positive experience.