Dr. Karen Love MD Patient Reviews

• Legal Medicine Glen Allen, VA

3.6

October 26th, 2016
great doctor
I like how she stays beautiful after all these years she I had brought my first born to her and her sisters office my baby had dry skin really bad she had it in her head everywhere I did not know what it was but Karen helped us I have brought all my babies to her we all happy with the results I need to make another appointment for my daughter for her skin I know Karen has the steps to help my child to have beautiful skin ty

August 19th, 2016
De.Love's speciality and concern appears to be focused on billing and insurance navigation rather than patient care.

April 7th, 2016
Wonderful experience she provided samples as well

March 25th, 2016
Great service
Really great treatment! I have referred many of my friends with similar skills issues.

October 13th, 2015
Excellent Dermatologist
Dr. Love is a terrific dermatologist. She successfully diagnosed and treated my skin condition after two area dermatologist were unsuccessful. Her office deco and staff are pleasant. My experience with Dr. Love's office and care has been nothing short of excellent.

June 16th, 2015
Dr Love is very good with my child friendly staff.

May 21st, 2015
Had a small mole, she did not remove the entire area and then wanted to cut more. The room was dirty, hair on the floor, floor boards and walls dirty and I did not feel comfortable getting cut and sutured amongst the dirt and debris. Had an 8:30 AM appointment, first one there (before doctor and staff) and then waited till 8:50 to be seen. Waited 50 minutes for numbing. Not a pleasant experience.

February 12th, 2015
The receptionist greets you as a VIP. Is attentive and makes sure you are promptly seen by both the Doctor and the check out staff. Love her.

January 23rd, 2015
This dermatologist is located in a prime area yet it is very easy to get an appointment. Everywhere else I called around there had at lease a 3 month wait for an appointment. I felt lucky at first to have found this place and upon arrival and actually meeting Dr. Love, I realized why it's so easy to get an appointment. She is rude, snotty (why, I have no idea) , and undertrained. Save yourself the hassle and wait out for a dermatologist that will know what they are talking about and will also be professional.

January 17th, 2015
Awful

September 29th, 2014
Worst experience
Easy to make appt but found her at the low end of training. Saw her for a spot that she did not recognize as a problem. She did biopsy and after results recommended extensive area to be taken out. When I asked her to do it she said, "You want me to?" I should have run. I do have a horrible scar and her suture work was messy. She seemed nice but I want experience and proficiency over personality. You've been warned.

April 14th, 2014
Worst experience with a doctor
I find these reviews surprising...I went to Dr. Love on a recommendation from my PCP. About 30 minutes after my appointment time I asked the receptionist if the wait would be much longer. She became visibly upset, and got the doctor who was also visibly upset. I tried to explain that I was only asking because my ride was waiting outside, but it did not matter at that point. I was berated and rushed. I told her I had two issues I wanted to discuss, she told me to pick one because she did not have time. What kind of doctor says something like that? I was not even permitted to bring up the second issue. I told her that my copay for a specialist was high, and I would rather not have to make another appointment right away, but she said that was not her problem. Never again. Save yourself the money and trouble, find another dermatologist.