A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Smith, FACC, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Shands at Live Oak
- Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen Smith FACC and MD is a female Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Karen Smith practice?
- Dr. Karen Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Karen Smith practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Gainesville, FL.
See Gainesville Cardiologists.