Dr. Karen Maloney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 25th, 2015
She is a very compassionate doctor who, in addition to being an excellent MD, is involved in many charitable causes in the communities in which she works and all over the world.

August 11th, 2014
Dissappointed
I went to Dr. Maloney for about three years. She took several moles off of me and treated me for fair skin and possible skin cancer growths. I feel she like she took too many moles off me in that time. The worst part was that she I have several scars from her lack of taking the time to suture properly. If you need anything removed, I recommend that you do not let her suture you, as you will have a scar.

August 25th, 2013
A wonderful doctor
Doctor Maloney is the best dermatologist I've ever seen. She's diligent, honest and cares deeply about the work she does. She goes above and beyond for her patients. I've recommended her to many of my friends.

March 8th, 2013
highly recommended
I highly recommend this wonderful doctor, her truthfulness, professionalism, and sensitivity place her at the top of her peers.

February 13th, 2013
Don't Expect Help From This Dermatologist
My wife came home in tears from her experience with Dr. Maloney. A year-long skin condition causing our daughter itchy spots was deemed eczema, but the "treatment" only included a change to a clothes detergent which is no longer available on the market and a prescription which she neglected to note would cause a burning on the skin. Extremely rushed through the appointment as if the practice cannot handle the modest traffic, even though we waited three weeks to meet her.

February 1st, 2013
As of having acne at my age isn't depressing enough...
For the past two years I have suffered with adult acne, and have tried many different ways of treating it. I finally decided to go see Dr. Maloney, since it appeared that she was highly recommended on many web review sites. It took me 3 weeks to get in to see her. When I arrived at the office I was told that they didn't accept my insurance, however due to the severity of the acne at that point, I decided to proceed with the appointment. Dr. Maloney gave me about 5 minutes of her time. She seemed to be in a hurry, and she talked very fast, which was a bit confusing. At one point she jokingly told me that I should just get a job where I have to wear a mask! Now, perhaps some people would find that funny, but most people who suffer with acne, myself included, become very sensitive about their appearance, to the point of depression in many cases. I was too shocked to respond in the moment. The doctor told me that she would call in 2 prescriptions to my pharmacy, and asked me for the name of the pharmacy, which I had already provided on the intake form. I left the office feeling depressed and humiliated, yet still hopeful that the mesications would help improve my condition.She then neglected to call in the prescriptions, and when I arrived at the pharmacy the following day to pick up the prescriptions, they found no record of her having called them in. I am highly disappointed in my experience. I will not recommend Dr. Maloney to anyone. Her bedside manner leaves much to be desired, as does any sense of professionalism.

July 17th, 2012
Excellent care

April 18th, 2011
Compassionate and Caring = Karen Maloney MD
Dr. Karen Maloney has been my dermatologist for several years. Her exams are always extremely thorough and she has a keen and experienced eye for diagnosing a suspicious mole. She has diagnosed skin cancer on me twice and each time has spent a long time with her plan of action and made excellent referrals for further treatment. Karen Maloney exemplifies the qualities that all doctors should strive for in patient care. Her life is truly guided by the Holy Spirit in the many ways she serves our community. If you are looking for a great dermatologist -- Dr. Maloney is a great choice... her volunteering and genuine care for others inspire you to be a better person!

March 28th, 2011
Turning away new patients!
I called to schedule my first appointment and was told the doctor was not accepting new patients AFTER being asked what insurance I carry and my reason for seeing the doctor. What an awful way to do business... and what a waste of my time. I should have been told that the doctor wasn't seeing new patients before needing to share my personal information. DO NOT call this doc!

March 17th, 2009
Dr. Maloney is one of the most caring, down to earth, doctors I have ever known. She is a perfect example of why doctors go into medicine..........because they truly care about people and want to heal. What she does is more than medical!!!!