Dr. Karen Mayer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

June 30th, 2016
Take your own advice.
I have seen Dr. Mayer several times----always rude and her comments are inappropriate. I tried to get past her rudeness but given her medical service was as bad as her attitude, I have moved to a new medical practice. She needs to take her own advice--get plenty of sleep. Apparently she doesn't because she kept repeating herself---and looked as though she needed a nap. As others have attested to in their reviews---she even yawned several times during my visit. I waited nearly an hour to see her ---and she spent less than 5 minutes with me regarding my pain issue---so glad I have moved on.

December 31st, 2015
5-star health provider
I love Dr. Mayer. I have been seeing her about 20 years and she is always willing to listen to my health complaints. She spends as much time with me as I need and her nurse, Shelley, calls me back promptly with answers to my questions. I'm lucky in regards to my health but I feel if there is ever a major problem, she will certainly help me through it.

April 7th, 2015
Do not recommend
Worst doctor I have ever been to. She doesn't care about you and how you are feeling. I tried to tell her I had IBS and she questioned me. She insisted that I needed to work less and sleep more. It was then confirmed by my stomach doctor that I had IBS. Then I went to see her because I felt like I had something more than a stomach virus. She did not care about the sharp pains I was having and told me I had a stomach virus even though it had been going on for 5 days. I went to my stomach doctor the next day and it was confirmed that I had a really bad bacterial infection that could have put me in the hospital if left untreated. If you aren't skinny, she looks at you like you shouldn't cook for your husband and you have to eat fruit and yogurt for dinner and get 8-10 hours of sleep at night. I have never met a doctor that made me feel worse about myself than her. I will never see her again!

February 13th, 2015
Saw the doctor for over eight years. Care deteriorated.

April 8th, 2014
Never Going Back
Went in today for back pain. I told her the truth on how I got hurt and she said " that doesn't bode well with me". She was saying that I was lying and my fiancé of 10 years was beating me. She was by far the rudest person ever. She also questioned me about my past medical as though I was lying about past surgeries. Honestly, today was a waste of my copay and time. I'm still in pain and now in the need to go to a REAL Doctor who cares for patients.

January 14th, 2014
very imoressive
she listens, explains, offers advice, trusts what I say. She is the doctor to go to!

November 21st, 2013
Dr. Mayer is great when she finally gets to you. Wait in lobby for at least 20-25 minutes and then once you get undressed, the average wait for her is 45 minutes. Takes at least 2 hours for a 15 minute exam. My time is just as important as hers.

November 5th, 2012
Never going back
I went to see Dr. Mayer 2 years ago for the first time for a routine physical. I tried to talk to her about my stomach pains and that I thought I may have IBS. She pretty much told me I needed to sleep more. I ended getting choked in a restaurant due to acid reflux and some other issues. I went to a stomach doctor and he had to stretch my esophagus and I was diagnosed with IBS. I gave her another shot this year for my routine physical, which was a mistake. I had been sick for 6 days when I went to see her. I couldn't keep anything in my stomach and I was having really bad stomach pains. Once again, she told me I didn't get enough sleep and to eat some cheese to help clog me up. Anybody with my case of IBS doesn't need to eat a ton of cheese because the last thing they need is to be clogged up. She insisted it was a virus. Needless to say, I went to my stomach doctor the following day and they ran a bunch of different labs on me. I came back positive for campylobacter, a bacterial infection, which was why I was having such pains. If this was left untreated and it got in my blood, I could have been very sick. Obviously, Dr. Mayer's theory is if you sleep more, you will feel better. I will never go back to her as she could care less about how I'm feeling.

September 2nd, 2012
Rather rude and made me feel badly
Thought she was rather rude cut me off several timesGave bad advice complained about her own children.I had her twice I won't have her again had betterExperience with other drs and nurses there. PersonallyFelt like I was looked down upon, she even told me to lose15 pounds and have a tummy tuck! I felt insulted

February 20th, 2009
First visit - very personable and helpful.