A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen McCowen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen McCowen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen McCowen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Pregnancy Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. McCowen graduated from Trinity College, University Of Dublin. She has 3 awards.
Dr. McCowen has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen Clare McCowen MD is a female Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Karen C. McCowen practice?
- Dr. Karen McCowen has 3 office locations.
Dr. Karen McCowen practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Cambridge, MA and Chelmsford, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Endocrinologists.