A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Melendez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Melendez is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Melendez
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Melendez Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Melendez, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Melendez graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Melendez has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Gaston Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen Lynn Melendez MD is a female Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Karen L. Melendez practice?
- Dr. Karen Melendez has 1 office location.
Dr. Karen Melendez practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Gastonia, NC.
See Gastonia Psychiatrists and Gastonia Child Psychiatrists.