A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Mercola:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Mercola, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Mercola graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Mercola has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mercola accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans