Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Dismissed and belittled  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2014

I had been having some issues for a couple years. Then the bleeding started. I was told it was normal and placed on birth control. Well it got worse. I had a very bad episode and made an appointment. My husband went with me and was not happy by the way I was treated. I was not examined. She entered the room, asked what the problem was and before I could get out the problem, blurted out "Oh, I will write you a prescription for Motrin" and left. She never gave me time to tell her my symptoms. She then came back to the room and told me to go to the window to pay the girl. I was very dizzy and could not get up without my husband's help. She then nastily stated "No woman has cramps so bad she can't walk. Now get up and go to the window." She is lucky my husband does not hit women because he told me later it was all he could do to hold himself back. He saw how much I was suffering and was terrified because this was not normal for me. I ended up in the emergency room that evening. They took me seriously and sent me to another Dr. She listened, did some tests and diagnosed me with a condition that can be treated and even cured by surgery. To top it off, Mihalik will not work with me on my bill and has put charges on it that I dispute. She should be made to compensate the people she hurts. I guess she needs to stick to cosmetic surgery because obgyn she is not.

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2014

When I am asked by other women to recommend a good OB/GYN doctor, her name never comes to mind. Unprofessional, uncaring, dangerous. She is no longer permitted to deliver babies for a reason. Now she is doing cosmetic surgery in her office of all places. Can you say "lawsuit waiting to happen?" She has no idea what she is doing.

|  Professionalism and Sanity  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

My mother saw this woman after having abnormal bleeding. They did a pap, biopsy, and ultrasound, which were normal. she was prescribed a med which allegedly stops bleeding (for cancer pts. not bleeding. I couldn't find anything in peer reviewed journals or NIH that suggested it was for bleeding). She was seen in the office twice - initial appointment, and follow-up. We thought everything was taken care of, yet no dx. Then we got a phone message saying they were preparing her records to be given to her, as we're moving, and that it would cost $15. Her "records" were 15 pages of labs (why would a gyno need to take a TSH?). No testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, etc. Just a regular CBC, PTT, FSH and LH. And all on separate pages, yet they want you to pay $15 to cover their ink, paper, and probably electric bill too. The window was slammed in my face by one of their associates, and finally this Mihalik woman comes out and tries to belittle and intimidate my mother (a 66 year old woman) and myself, telling us to take the papers for free and that we didn't give her enough time to find a diagnosis, and they didn't schedule a follow up because there wasn't enough time to do so, as we were moving. For one thing, we thought the follow-up WAS the follow-up, and that she was finished. Secondly, she had from the time of the last follow-up until our future moving date to schedule another follow-up if necessary, which is about 6-7 weeks. After dealing with this office and that woman, I not only question their professionalism, but sanity as well. The icing on the cake? This happened a week ago, and just now I got a message on my phone that the morons want to schedule a follow-up.

|  3 Words....Incompetent, Condescending, Uncaring  |  show details
by Shari N. on Jan 24th, 2014

Feel like it is important that I share this with women considering Dr. Mihalik. I had to choose another OB for my third pregnancy because Dr. Wisler had retired from delivering. Big mistake! I was a prison nurse at the time and had worked up till delivery with my first two children, so was not new at this. Was under a greater amount of stress with the third and asked the Dr. for time off to get through the last couple weeks of pregnancy. She flat out refused and basically told me to 'suck it up' which resulted in my having to quit after 7 yrs of service. At the time of delivery, there were issues with the birth. I was told by the Dr. that my baby's distress was due to my smoking (and yes, this was verbalized during the birthing process). What kind of Dr. blames the mother at the time of the birth for any difficulties presenting??? I had a nurse on top of me pressing on my abd and Mihalik pulling on my dtr's jaw in order to deliver her. As a result, I had abdominal bruising and my dtr's whole jaw was bruised bilaterally. Yes, luckily my dtr was born without any injuries but the experience was mortifying. Approx 7 days after delivery, my episiotomy sutures started ripping out. I had to return to the office. I was told by Dr. Mihalik that I had caused them to rip by unloading my groceries from the car. She recommended she "re-do my episiotomy". I was re-sutured in the office without any local anesthetic. No lidocaine, nothing. I was told "it won't hurt anymore than it did when you gave birth". Not true!!! I tried to plead with her that there was no sense in re-suturing due to the healing process that had already taken place and the skin edges not being conducive for re-connecting. She would not listen. Four days later, sutures were loose again. I called Dr. Wisler. Upon examining me and removing the sutures, he verbalized that there was no way this would have been successful for re-connecting the skin edges. I had to have reconstructive surgery by Dr. Wisler in order to correct my vaginal os due to the damage that was caused by Mihalik. Dr. Wisler also re-assured me that I had not been the cause for the sutures to have ripped to begin with. My whole experience with Dr. Mihalik was a nightmare. I could have sued, but I'm just not that type of person. My daughter is healthy and thanks to Dr. Wisler I was practically a virgin again after the surgery, lol:) I have just learned that Dr. Wisler has retired, what a shame. We have lost a great and compassionate Dr. Well, that's my experience with Dr. Mihalik. I felt like it should be known.

|  Long term patient  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2013

The staff is wonderful. I have been going there for years however I do request not to see Dr. Mihalik. She hurts me. I agree with the person who called her judgmental. I am a non smoker but my sister is and when she went to see the Doctor she was told that she stunk and was treated badly. Strangely enough Dr Mihaliks' husband (Dr Potizak) is my General Doctor and he is wonderful I just can't understand why he would want to be around her. She is just nasty. The staff is great so just remember to request not to see her if you go to her office.

|  Amazing!  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Dr Mihalik and her office staff. I was treated with greates of care and professionalism. Her office staff was friendly and I had virtually no wait when I arrived for my appointment. I would recommend this office to anyone!

Dec 6th, 2011

takes time to answer questions and explain in detail what she will be doing. The office staff is friendly and caring.

Dec 6th, 2011

I had my veins done in October. They feel great. I didn't realize just how bad they were till after the procedure. Recovery time was instant and my legs never looked better. The blue bulging veins are hardly noticeable anymore so my legs look and feel fantastic. Dr Mihalik and Mary (ultra sound tech)were just amazing and made me feel real comfortable going through it.

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr Mihalik and her staff. I am always treated with the greatest of care and respect. I get fast and friendly service and appointment times that are convenient for me.

Nov 2nd, 2011

I have been with Dr. Mihalik since she started her practice. I would never change anything about this Dr. She saved my life and caught my cancer at beginning stage.

Jul 6th, 2011

The office and Doctor were very polite and friendly. They wait time was very short and Dr. Mihalik answered all of my questions

|  great doctor  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I was very happy with Dr.Mihalik and her staff. Did not have to wait an hour and be shuffled from one place to the next. Very clean and inviting office.

|  JUDGEMENTAL, IMPATIENT, & UNCARING  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2011

This woman has no business being an OB/GYN or dealing w/women's sexual health.... she made it obvious to me that she was against premarital sex & thinks poorly of women who have had more than 1 partner. She is imapatient & uncooperative with answering my questions. To top it all off I continued to get mailings from her about the cosmetic services she offers long after I stopped going to her practice. Oh & btw, they will charge you to send a copy of your medical records to your new doc... I actually opted to have a pap test redone rather than give that bitch another dime of my money!

|  Courtious and Timely. Saw me right away  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2010

Very nice supportive staff

|  Two Thumbs Up for Dr. Karen Mihalik !  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Karen Mihalik to anyone. She is a great doctor. I appreciate the fact that she is very straightforward and to the point. There is nothing worse than a doctor that's indecisive. Dr. Karen will never be mistaken for an indecisive doctor. Thank you Dr. Mihalik for listening to my issues & helping me!!! I am so very grateful.

|  Electrocuted Me  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2010

Had a procedure years ago and was told the worst part was the numbing shot. After numbing was done and procedure continued, I felt a shocking feeling and when Dr Mihalik saw I was crying she asked if something was wrong. I said yes, this really hurts and you said I shouldn't feel anything. She looked at me and said I don't know what you are talking about, I've never heard of that before. She then continued the procedure and when done left the room. All the staff left me to cry in pain and didn't care that I was uncomfortable. I would never refer anyone to this woman. She was rude and disrespectful.

|  What Bedside Manner?  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2010

Saw her a year ago and the thought of her still makes me cringe! Office staff- nasty. Her spending 5 minutes with me...waste of time. She answered NONE of my questions and I can't count the number of times she called me obese. I am NOT obese...overweight, yes. But she misdiagnosed me, come to find out, and she was rude. Now I am getting emails from the office on "cosmetic surgery" specials. I went for a yearly exam. She needs to change her title. Very misleading. PLEASE don't give her the time of day!

|  Rude  |  show details
by Was just looking for answers... on Apr 3rd, 2010

Was rude and made me feel like everything I said was unintelligent. Will never go back again. Office staff great! But Karen doesnt need to be working with people with that attitude. My mother was in the room with me and alomost told her off for calling me "stupid" and other unmentionable things. I am very easy going but this lady rubbed me and my mother the wrong way.