inactive

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2016
Worst Experience
This was the worst medical experience of my life. Doctor was condescending, rude, I started crying in the appointment and she told me I needed anti depressants when all I needed were antibiotics to cure an infection. She lied to me about refilling my prescription, then said I needed to see someone else. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

May 2nd, 2016
Very Disappointed to say the least!
I went in to have "samrtlipo" done on my stomach. I went for a consult and was assured I would get the results I was looking to achieve. I was going to go through a tummy tuck, but Dr. Mihalik assured me that she could get my muscles tightened and a flat stomach again after three children. The videos she showed in her office that we had to watch showed women losing dress sizes. This surgery was barbaric. You are awake through it all. I felt every single cut of the knife go deep into me as she did not wait for the areas to numb first. The pain from the actual surgery was unbearable at times with metal rods being jammed into your stomach, back, and sides. I spiked a high fever after the surgery and she could not be reached to speak to. I ended up in the emergency room from the trauma they told me. I spent 8,000 inlcuding my hospital visit and there are zero results. ZERO!! My stomach looks the exact same as it did. I weigh the same as I did the day of the surgery, but was told by her "I have no idea what you've been doing since surgery". I was also told it could take a year for the results to really show...well it has been a year and still ZERO results. I also received laser on my face for facial veins. The video she shows, shows the veins disappear after one treatment. I have had three, paid 800 for it, and they are still the same. I am so upset that I am out 9,000 dollars and it did nothing for me! I will be writing the board of plastic surgeons and anyone else who will listen. I want my money back!

November 6th, 2015
never
i was 16 and pregnant .. i was yelled at .. talked down to and was even told i ruined her night because i couldn't walk for almost an hr at 7 months and called the dr on call .. my son's father had another girl pregnant .. also her patient and she would talk about us behind our backs to each other .. i switched to her partner .. this was in 1994 .. her and george stokes will never be recommended ever

September 26th, 2014
Dismissed and belittled
I had been having some issues for a couple years. Then the bleeding started. I was told it was normal and placed on birth control. Well it got worse. I had a very bad episode and made an appointment. My husband went with me and was not happy by the way I was treated. I was not examined. She entered the room, asked what the problem was and before I could get out the problem, blurted out "Oh, I will write you a prescription for Motrin" and left. She never gave me time to tell her my symptoms. She then came back to the room and told me to go to the window to pay the girl. I was very dizzy and could not get up without my husband's help. She then nastily stated "No woman has cramps so bad she can't walk. Now get up and go to the window." She is lucky my husband does not hit women because he told me later it was all he could do to hold himself back. He saw how much I was suffering and was terrified because this was not normal for me. I ended up in the emergency room that evening. They took me seriously and sent me to another Dr. She listened, did some tests and diagnosed me with a condition that can be treated and even cured by surgery. To top it off, Mihalik will not work with me on my bill and has put charges on it that I dispute. She should be made to compensate the people she hurts. I guess she needs to stick to cosmetic surgery because obgyn she is not.

March 31st, 2014
Professionalism and Sanity
My mother saw this woman after having abnormal bleeding. They did a pap, biopsy, and ultrasound, which were normal. she was prescribed a med which allegedly stops bleeding (for cancer pts. not bleeding. I couldn't find anything in peer reviewed journals or NIH that suggested it was for bleeding). She was seen in the office twice - initial appointment, and follow-up. We thought everything was taken care of, yet no dx. Then we got a phone message saying they were preparing her records to be given to her, as we're moving, and that it would cost $15. Her "records" were 15 pages of labs (why would a gyno need to take a TSH?). No testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, etc. Just a regular CBC, PTT, FSH and LH. And all on separate pages, yet they want you to pay $15 to cover their ink, paper, and probably electric bill too. The window was slammed in my face by one of their associates, and finally this Mihalik woman comes out and tries to belittle and intimidate my mother (a 66 year old woman) and myself, telling us to take the papers for free and that we didn't give her enough time to find a diagnosis, and they didn't schedule a follow up because there wasn't enough time to do so, as we were moving. For one thing, we thought the follow-up WAS the follow-up, and that she was finished. Secondly, she had from the time of the last follow-up until our future moving date to schedule another follow-up if necessary, which is about 6-7 weeks. After dealing with this office and that woman, I not only question their professionalism, but sanity as well. The icing on the cake? This happened a week ago, and just now I got a message on my phone that the morons want to schedule a follow-up.

November 21st, 2013
Long term patient
The staff is wonderful. I have been going there for years however I do request not to see Dr. Mihalik. She hurts me. I agree with the person who called her judgmental. I am a non smoker but my sister is and when she went to see the Doctor she was told that she stunk and was treated badly. Strangely enough Dr Mihaliks' husband (Dr Potizak) is my General Doctor and he is wonderful I just can't understand why he would want to be around her. She is just nasty. The staff is great so just remember to request not to see her if you go to her office.

July 13th, 2012
Amazing!
I can't say enough good things about Dr Mihalik and her office staff. I was treated with greates of care and professionalism. Her office staff was friendly and I had virtually no wait when I arrived for my appointment. I would recommend this office to anyone!

December 6th, 2011
takes time to answer questions and explain in detail what she will be doing. The office staff is friendly and caring.

December 6th, 2011
I had my veins done in October. They feel great. I didn't realize just how bad they were till after the procedure. Recovery time was instant and my legs never looked better. The blue bulging veins are hardly noticeable anymore so my legs look and feel fantastic. Dr Mihalik and Mary (ultra sound tech)were just amazing and made me feel real comfortable going through it.

December 5th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr Mihalik and her staff. I am always treated with the greatest of care and respect. I get fast and friendly service and appointment times that are convenient for me.

November 2nd, 2011
I have been with Dr. Mihalik since she started her practice. I would never change anything about this Dr. She saved my life and caught my cancer at beginning stage.

July 6th, 2011
The office and Doctor were very polite and friendly. They wait time was very short and Dr. Mihalik answered all of my questions