Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Very Peculiar show details Very Peculiar
Jun 30th, 2015

Gave a very extensive exam and then focused on her ipad. Had no Idea what were her findings and there was no talking- just silence for entire time. I finally spoke up and requested her findings. She tried to alarm me , told me she needed to refer me to another doctor . Why I asked. He's more experienced she said. Then she told me she was resigning !! Mind you I just came for a new prescription for glasses. Avoid her. Avoid the office she came from.

"Simply the best, better than a-aall the rest!" show details "Simply the best, better than a-aall the rest!"
by Maria Graceffa on May 4th, 2015

The short version of Dr. Nipper's excellence: Dr. Nipper is a compassionate and highly skilled ophthalmologist. I *highly* recommend her to everyone. Dr. Nipper takes careful time with me at every appointment, and I'm no special case. I have allergies in my eyes, which must be nothing compared to the vision-threatening issues that can happen to people. Dr Nipper's thoroughness is only outdone by her thoughtfulness in care. She has a quiet demeanor and is very focused on not missing one-single-thing. I've never had a better doctor - honestly. I've circled through many, many different doctor's offices in NYC (I finally found a good general practitioner after 4 years), yet none have been as thorough and kind as Dr. Nipper. The longer story (I'll never forget this): I woke up, one day, thinking I had pink eye (conjunctivitis). I did a search on ZocDoc and found Dr. Nipper, purely by chance. I made an appointment, and was in her office just 2 hours later. I filled out all of the new patient paperwork. It sat on the desk when she came in. Dr. Nipper got right into knowing me and examining my eyes, before going through the paperwork. I appreciated that she wanted to connect on a human level before going into usually-less-than-helpful paperwork. After a thorough exam (during which I kept muttering about pink eye), she sat back and asked, "Have you ever had an autoimmune disorder?" *I was stunned.* I had actually had a major autoimmune issue 6 weeks prior. I had a team of doctors managing what could have been a fatal issue, but was actually fairly easy to treat once diagnosed. I was 90% recovered by now. As my luck would have it, my autoimmune disorder came out through my eyes for once last display before it was finally cured. This is why I immediately loved Dr. Nipper. She hadn't had a sneak peak at my chart, listing out all the autoimmune junk. She didn't let the gross pink-looking eyes distract her into writing a quick antibiotic for conjunctivitis. She immediately caught an autoimmune disorder! I was shocked at how she did this. She gave me excellent treatment, and I've been going back ever since. I followed her between practices, and will follow her anywhere else she goes. Luckily, I just go for issues with allergies, now. Even still, Dr. Nipper treats me with the utmost care and thoroughness. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Karen Nipper.

by MELISSA,S on Feb 4th, 2015

MY VISIT WITH DR NIPPER WAS GREAT! SHE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. SHE WAS VERY NICE AND PLEASANT. I LEFT SATISFY.

Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is the best!

Nov 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent, caring physician. She is genuinely concerned, listens carefully and offers thoughtful advice. i recommend her enthusiastically and without hesitation

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

You may wait. But her ethics are intact. She's very thorough with all her patients so if it takes longer to see her I do not care. I wait because she (Dr. K. Nipper) is the best. Wherever she goes I will go. Love yah Doc. Always, Crystal

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is a warm, caring person. She takes time to get to know you, asks & answers questions and takes the time to explain things so that the patient comprehends what's being discussed. She gives you time and doesn't rush the patient

Oct 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper saw me without an appointment to check a new issue with my afflicted eye. She knows my history and saw me because Dr. Battu was not in the office today. Thank you for making sure I was OK, on such short notice.

Oct 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very thorough, Very caring Very knowledge able

Oct 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper gives an extensive exam. She is patient and answers all questions thoroughly. I have recommended her to my colleague at work who is now also a patient of Dr. Nipper.

Sep 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is excellent as is the rest of the staff at BATU Vision. The only concern for me is the waiting time. It is a bit lengthy but once I am in the examination room, I feel very well taken care of so I think its worth the wait.

Sep 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

very professional and respectful

Sep 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is excellent...extremely knowledgable and very thorough...? She was great at diagnosing my issue and and recommending the proper treatment. The offices are spotless and the staff is courteous and extremely competent. I highly recommend!

Sep 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I went in for a check up on my eyes and Dr.Nipper inspected me then provided me with the knowledge of her findings. I was comfortable with my visit and satisfied with how I was treated as a patient.

Sep 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Unclear, half-hearted communication. Dr. Nipper blamed me for not requesting an eyeglass/contact exam at the start of consult, even though I specified it when I set the appt. It is her job to clarify. In-office communication clearly needs improvement.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very pleased meeting Dr. Nipper. She is very professional, Knowledgeable, kind, right to the point, and makes one feel at ease and stress free. I would gladly recommend her services to anybody.

Aug 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Nipper is the most patient and thorough doctor I’ve ever been to

Aug 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have enjoyed seeing Dr Nipper who is thorough, thoughtful and prepared.

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is thorough and careful. She is also clear, concerned, and appropriate. Highly recommended.

Aug 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is a professional and caring and takes the time to explain everything she is going to do.

Aug 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is very professional in her manner. I did not put down a wait time as I saw her right on time.

Aug 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Nipper is the best opthalmologist I have visited . She is very thorough and explains everything.

Aug 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr, Nipper is very patient, very thorough and takes time explaining the result of her exams. I will definitely recommend her to my friends and relatives.

Aug 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Time in the waiting room would be more pleasant if the TV were not on. If it must be on, for some reason, perhaps it could be muted. It's very loud and annoying.

Aug 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

She's an excellent doctor, intelligent and cares about her patient!

Aug 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is very warm, knowledgeable, and caring. She listens, takes time to answer all questions, and explains things in simple language. My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Nipper for more than five years and will happily continue to be.

Aug 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was pleased to learn that the steps which I followed based on her advice, has improved considerably my condition.

Aug 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been going to Dr. Nipper for my eye appointments for years, and have always felt in good hands (particularly when she put in punctal plugs for my dry eyes). Highly recommended!

Aug 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper was thorough and extremely professional. By far one of the best doctors I've ever had a chance to engage.

by E.L on Jul 29th, 2014

I had two visit at her office both time she didn't want to take any time to answer any questions I had. After the first visit I notice a big diff in my vision and wonder if that as anything to do with the eye drop she give me. she didn't want to answer why I might had a change in vision since the last visit. She did give me another eye exam but wasn't able to find anything. When I had ask her why I don't feel right by having a fuzzy vision she was very upset at me and told me that she been given me more that what my insurance can cover. I felt very insulted. I didn't know what make her ignoring my real concerned and talk to me this way. I went to another doc. who find out that I have a real problem! What bother me even more then not trying to find out what's going was her nasty why of treating me.

Jul 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Napier is a rare breed of young doctors who seriously care about their patients. She is very thorough in the examination process with excellent attention to details and genuine interest in her her patients. I have the highest respect for her.

Jul 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper prescribed eye drops for me. I told her I couldn't do it and didn't have any one to help me. Dr. Nipper took the time to teach me to instill my own eye drops...now I can w/o any help. Thanks Dr. Nipper for your patience and concern for me

Jul 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone in the office is nice, and you never feel rushed.

Jul 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is very nice and knowledgeable. The office is chic and clean, and efficiently managed.

Jul 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Aside from Dr. Nipper's excellent skills, she is always kind and considerate.

Jul 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thorough and very good communication. Highly reccomend

Jul 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is wonderful! She's very professional and patient. She answered all my questions and addressed all my issues. She's willing to spend the time and answer all your concerns.

Jul 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Warm, precise in responding to questions, a highly effective communicator as she conveys clinical information in layman's terms. She takes enough time to explain essentials. She is a colleague of Emil Chynn, MD.

Jun 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor was very thorough and gave clear explanations a non-doctor could understand.

Jun 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am always impressed by Doctor Nipper's thoroughness!

Jun 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper has a very calm, non-judgmental personality to complement her excellent professional skills.

Jun 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My questions and concerns were all addressed.

Jun 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Yes though I would warn them about the long wait times

Jun 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is always caring, interested in our problems, and very professional. She is always very thorough and explains everything in terms that we can understand. Both my husband and I trust her completely for her skill, knowledge, and concern.

May 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Nipper is an excellent opthomologist. She is very thorough and is very interested in finding out what the problem is. So far her advice and prescriptoions have resolved my eye problem.

May 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Most professional doctor I have ever seen. Wait was a little too long though.

May 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Careful, detailed, appropriate

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
No bedside manner at all show details No bedside manner at all
by Barbara Singer on Sep 23rd, 2013

During th exam, Dr. Nipper never walked me through anything she was doing. All of a sudden she grabbed my eyelashes and turned my eyelids inside out with no warning. She wasn't clear about my diagnosis, she prescribed something very expensive that my insurance refused, then something that was still expensive and didn't work. After the $75 eye drops didn't work, she told me to try $15 over the counter medication! She said she thought the insurance would cover it, she never stopped to think that there are deductibles on some medication. Shouldn't a doctor know that? Anyway, what she prescribed didn't work. I went to her because I had shingles and I wanted to make sure the shingles weren't in my eyes. She told me the redness in my eye was due to the facial swelling from shingles. Now she's telling me that it was only allergies all along. Why prescribe expensive medication when there are so many over the counter drops for allergies?

Patient show details Patient
by Pamela Chatten on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Nipper is a doctor that cares about her patients and their needs. She settles fears, and gives everything she has. I would definitely send people to her that are in need of excellent eye care.

Best Eye Doctor! show details Best Eye Doctor!
by Erica S on Jan 18th, 2013

Dr. Nipper is an excellent doctor who is thorough and ensures that your have optimal eye health. Shes great.

Best eye exam in my lifetime experience show details Best eye exam in my lifetime experience
Mar 3rd, 2012

Dr. Nipper took more time than any doctor I have ever seen for any ailment & was extremely thoughtful, professional and pleasant.

Sep 12th, 2011

My overall experience was very good. Quick and efficient. She made sure all my questions were answered and that I was satisfied with my result. I will be back to visit Dr. Nipper.Mercedes M.

Aug 23rd, 2010