Dr. Karen Ogryzlo MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Portland, OR

• Good
  • Bad

January 1st, 2016
I went to see Dr. Ogryzlo for my first pregnancy. We miscarried our baby and were stunned at how cold and unfeeling she was. Minutes after informing my husband and I that our baby was lost, she asked us if this had been a " wanted pregnancy." She had very little respect for any of my views and I felt very disrespected. I told her that I wanted to miscarry naturally rather than have a D&C and her response was " don't worry, a D&C is just like having an abortion." I am not returning to her for my current pregnancy. I would not recommend her to any Christian families with respect for life.

October 13th, 2015
Excellent service from Dr and staff. Considerate and kind--everything you would want and expect from an on/gyn.

October 22nd, 2013
Worst Doctor I Have Ever Seen
I would NOT recommend this doctor to any one! I moved to Portland at the end of my pregnancy with my 2nd child and chose to visit Dr. Ogryzlo for the last few weeks of my prenatal care. At my first visit I waited in the waiting room for nearly 30 minutes and when I got called back it went even more down hill. The nurse was very sweet and did all the checking of weight, blood pressure, etc. Then she said "Dr. will be right in." I waited about 30 minutes again for the doctor to come into the room. When she finally showed up she spoke way to fast and acted like she had somewhere else REALLY important to be.... And one other thing the receptionist was clipping her fingernails at her desk! SO NOT PROFESSIONAL! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE DEAL BREAKER! But as I was so far along in my pregnancy I kept seeing her.... The next few appointments were as follows. Check in, pay the amount for an "uninsured patient" $175, wait an enormous amount of time to be seen, the doc spoke way to fast, checked my dilation, and rushed me out the door. Also the few conversations we had about my wishes for delivery were that I did NOT want Pitocin or an Epidural. She tried to talk me out of it. At 39 weeks I decided I was done and I wanted an "elective induction" but I just wanted her to break my bag of water. NO PITOCIN! She somewhat agreed and scheduled my induction. We packed our bags and headed to the hospital. I arrived and they hooked my up to the monitors. I then got a call in my hospital room from the doctor. She proceeded to tell me she had "PRIOR OBLIGATIONS" and would not break my water without Pitocin. So my choices were then to go home or have Pitocin so I went home to wait for natural labor. Two weeks passed and nothing so we scheduled another induction. I went in for a non-stress test and then the doctor came and broke my water. And 3 hours later my baby boy was born. With no Pitocin and no Epidural. A couple weeks later I made an appointment to have my son circumcised. I went for my appointment, they wanted $175 CASH. Then they told me they needed to keep him for an hour after the procedure and they wanted him to go back alone. We then decided that we no longer wanted them to do the procedure. And they were nothing but rude to me and my husband. Mind you that this is not my first boy. I know that when I lived in another state the procedure was not this way. We were able to be with our son and they did not keep him after the procedure was finished. And they were NOT rude at all. I am supposed to see her for my 6 week postpartum check up and will be going somewhere else.

May 14th, 2012
Professional and personable.

April 28th, 2012
very well recomended
One of my husband friends recomended Dr. Ogryzlo, she seems very nice and knows what she does very well, but I think she is too fast in checking you, the waiting time its too long and what she spends with you on your app, its just a few minutes I always leave with questions unanswered. Lets see how the delivery goes. The receptionist never says "Hi" "Good Morning" "how are you?" bad customer service, she must be very efficient but not friendly at all! I thing the best service I've got its from the nurse assistant!!!!!

March 14th, 2012
Nice doctor but terrible wait
I really like Dr. Ogryzlo but will not be seeing her anymore. Two years in a row I waited over 2 hours for my appointment. Both times she was callled to an emergency. I can understand having to deal with emergencies but I cannot understand leaving a patient in a cold room for 2 hours. They need a contingency plan. Perhaps another doctor to fill in.

March 4th, 2012
Great for high-risk pregnancy
Dr. Ogryzlo was great during my pregnancy with twins. She is very thorough and followed my high-risk pregnancy very closely. When I ended up on hospital bedrest, she would come in every day and discuss any changes with me. My C-section went smoothly, and thanks to her I have two healthy babies.

February 25th, 2012
Was the best !
I shifted to three cities while I was pregnant, so I went to 3 different doctors. The best out of all the three was Dr.Karen Ogryzlo! She was with me while I delivered my baby,she was very informative and supportive.A friendly doctor as well.

May 22nd, 2011
first visit
Very satisfied with my visit.Waited 5 minutes. She did 2 biopsies. Very professional. Made an immediate appt to visit a cancer surgeon. She was very gentle, caring & patient with me.

February 10th, 2011
Very approachable and up-to-date. Have complete confidence in her and the care she provides.

January 5th, 2011
Dr. Ogryzlo has been my Dr. for about 3 years or so now. I'm just at the beginning of my 2nd pregnancy and have complete confidence in going to her again this time around. I couldn't be more satisfied with her level of service, knowledge and staff.

December 16th, 2010
I've been a patient of Dr. Ogryzlo for several years and have always been impressed with level of care she provides. Excellent doctors are hard to find and I'm happy I've found her!