Dr. Karen Oppenheimer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

December 14th, 2015
spent 5 minutes with her and was charged $150 for something I could have discussed over the phone. When i called to discuss she has someone else tell me she wasnt changing anything.

August 27th, 2015
Who is this person and why would you want to see her? Dr Oppenheimer has no capacity for empathy and only seemed to care about getting me out of her office as soon as possible. Stay away

July 16th, 2015
After what seemed like just 5 minutes into my first ever visit with her, she was prescribing a medication with nary any questions. Seriously. I was stunned. I felt she might not have cared less about me. I almost felt embarrassed for her deficiency. Just my opinion, my experience, but there you have it.

July 3rd, 2013
Best doc I've seen...
I have chronic health issues, and am overweight. I don't know what I would do without Dr. Oppenheimer. She has NEVER made me feel poorly about my weight and she knows that it's a struggle for me. She listens to me, she follows up on everything. I have seen her for 5 years now, and would be lost without her. She is professional, knowledgeable, and has helped more than I can even put into words. She is not warm and fuzzy, but I can tell without a doubt that she cares, she listens, and is intuitive.

December 14th, 2010
Oppenheimer's bomb
She was dismissive of my health issue and had no interest in treating it. Questions were rebuffed and she was rude. Highly unprofessional, even in light of pre-diagnosis.

November 13th, 2010
OMG
Completely misdiagnosed my husband who had textbook symptoms and had been seeing her for five years. Did not follow up on emergency test results. Did not call or come to hospital where we went in desperation after she failed to communicate, and where he ended up dying.

November 13th, 2009
Had pre-conceived ideas about my 'problems' and would rather prescribe more drugs to me than listen to what I had to say. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Oppenheimer if you are even slightly overweight or have any medical condition that you may need help with. Her bias is very clear against overweight individuals or if you have any apprehension with doctors in general. She will not listen to you and help you with a solution -- but she is more than willing to prescribe the medication she "thinks" will be able to help, and then recommend that you come back to her if you feel worse. Not helpful or caring at all.

April 10th, 2009
Excellent Internist
She is extremely knowledgeable and analytical, listens to and processes information quickly. She is direct and straightforward in her communication and gave me her undivided attention. She is not "warm and fuzzy" -- I don't need that in my doctor. She is very bright and was able to give me good information and recommendations on a wide variety of medical issues -- that's what I need in a doctor.