Dr. Karen Porte Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Porte?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Karen Porte?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2016

I,too like some of the others listed here was told by Dr Porte I had adult growth hormone deficiencies! I had to give myself injections EVERYDAY of this crap! After she left Joplin Missouri I ran into her head nurse. She informed me almost EVERYONE was told they were deficient in Adult growth hormone !! ( smells like a kick back to me) Her exact word were " I am surprised that someone in this office did not die!!" She is a very nice and friendly doctor, but that alone is not what you are paying her for! I started seeing her in 1996, my initial OFFICE visit was $1500.00...Thought I had finally found a doctor that would listen to me and she promised me she would make me feel better! Wish I had NEVER gone to her now! Hind sight is 20/20. Please be careful....

February 23rd, 2015

I wish I could find out where she is located at now. I really loved having her as my doctor.

June 2nd, 2012

Best Doctor ever

After seeing many other doctors, Dr Porte spent the time necessary to listen to my concerns and actually diagnose my underlying condition. She is an amazing and caring physician who goes the extra mile to help her patients. I really appreciate her!

May 24th, 2011

Misdiagnosed with growth hormone deficiency

Dr. Porte said I have adult growth hormone deficiency. The pituitary stimulation tests came back normal but she insisted me hormone levels were too. low. I had no symptoms, I was in good health just coming in for a cold but she talked me into an expensive pituitarty function test done in her office. Weeks later I began shooting up growth hormone shot. Dr. Porte kept increasing the dose. I had edema and hair falling out and my menstrual periods became irratic. I went to another endocrinologist who had taken me off the growth hormone. He said I never needed it.My bones still hurt.

February 28th, 2011

Great doc! Listens to me and takes care of my illness.

November 24th, 2009

long time patient

Thanks to her my diagnosis of hypothroidism was made and proper treatment was done. My only issue is that I cannot find her. She has moved from Chicago Heights and Parsons, KS :(

March 28th, 2009

misdiagnosed

This doctor misdiagnosed me with growth hormone deficiency. The side effects of a hormone I didn't need was awful.Dr. Porte is nice but she overdiagnosis HGH deficiency.

October 29th, 2008