Family Physicians, General Practitioner
7000 SW 62nd Ave
Ste 400
South Miami, FL 33143
305-665-0585
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Good Doctor  |  show details
by Patricia Bynum on Jan 3rd, 2014

If you want someone to stroke your ego, see a masseus...if you want a physician who tells it like it is, comes direct and provides excellent and quality care..see Dr. Karen Raben. Dr. Raben has been my doctor for at least 15 years and she has always diagnosed me accurately, most times just by hearing my symptoms. I am well pleased with the choice I've made to use her service.

|  DR IS GREAT NEEDS NEW STAFF  |  show details
by C. Martinez on May 15th, 2013

I LIKE THE DR. SHE JUST NEEDS TO HIRE NEW STAFF.

|  Norland Graduate  |  show details
by Bill Nye (Not The...) on Apr 21st, 2013

The only things I can review are from Norland Junior High and High school classes, sorry. :-) Please email me at nye2@email.com -- nye2 AT email DOT com , thanks. I have one of your quotes written down from Algebra I class that you told me directly: "you wouldn't be laughing if you were born that way." -Bill Nye

|  Can you be a good doctor and be abusive to your patients too?  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

The reviews for this doctor are not mixed. People love her or hate her. On my first appointment she told me she "hates woman" (I am a woman) because they ask too many questions. She said she loves guys because they keep their mouths shut. I did nothing to provoke such revelation. I saw her twice and on both occasion I had the impression she would have loved it if i had been a car engine or, at most, a cat. She had the test results in front of her eyes, why hear what I had to say? Apparently she can be extremely thorough, and her office staff is impeccable. But I cannot be treated like a thing who, unfortunately, is also capable of thinking and speaking. I cannot be scared to ask questions. I cannot keep important information to myself because I'm afraid I'll be ridiculed. I cannot be made fun of by my doctor.

|  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Dr. Raben is exceptional. The office staff is courteous and the wait time at the most has been about 20 minutes. Her office is a one-stop shop. Blood work, X-Rays, Bone density, etc. She is also available on Saturdays. Great choice.

|  Patient of Dr. Raben's for past 5 years  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

After reading the mix of reviews, I have this advice courtesy of Plato; "Know thyself." Dr. Raben has been in family practice a long time and has seen everything from hangnails to early death from AIDS. She has and will treat every complaint professionally and efficiently but perhaps is a bit curt with complainers. She has told me my health is primarily my responsibility but has always been courteous and thorough in explaining what that means and what she is able to do to help me achieve good health. Patients looking for sympathy more than direct and clear medical advice and treatment should probably go elsewhere. She keeps her practice affordable--I am self-insured--by spending her time where and when it is needed. Any time I've needed or called her, she has responded that same day or immediately. She is my kind of doctor.

|  Greedy, rudest doctor you could ever meet  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

I'm a patient of Dr. Raben and she charges $20 for over the phone consult, which I don't mind but what really got me upset was that one day I needed to speak with her because I had flu like symptoms and she was going to prescribe antibiotics. Well, she asked me for my pharmacy's number; I barely took a minute to search for the number when this rude doctor said she had to go and hung up on me. By the way, she took my credit card number, asked me to cough on the phone and must have spoken to me for 2-3 minutes!!! Rudest doctor I have ever met. Done with her.

|  Do not recommend at all  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2012

I had a very bad experience with this doctor and her staff. I was diagnosed with cancer. I needed surgery. My surgeon needed some labwork done before I could get surgery scheduled. I had my labs done at Karen Raben's office; however, my surgeon's office did not receive the labwork. I called Dr Raben's office, my wife called still no labwork at the surgons office. After repeated attempts failed, I lost my temper and yelled at the office manager to get this done and it did that day. However, I was then black listed. A few months later, I was in the emergency room on a Sunday. On Monday morning, I left a voicemail and an e-mail for the doctor to call me. I did not receive a call until Thusrday evening - FOUR DAYS later!! This was after I sent another e-mail. There are many doctors in Miami - I would recommend you use any one of them first. Needless to say, my personal experience with this doctor and her staff was terrible, but hey, you could be luckier than I was.

|  very poor with patients  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

She spends less than 5 minutes with the patients. Hurries up to finish the evaluations and does not want to hear you. She says your fine so there is nothing to talk about it. Referrals are only what she knows what to give. The examination evaluations are too fast and rush to get you out of the office. Very poor but poor consultations from this doctor. The rating questions are not focusing on the doctor but on general and basic questions. Who does not want a fast and courtesy customer support? To me the most important is the doctor how he cares and handles situations. I am getting a five minute consultancy and she is receiving from me $25 copayment plus the insurance payment. Woh, it looks more as she cares for the money than her patients. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS!!

|  Efficient and direct  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

Dr. Raben is an excellent doctor who is always to the point. She has always been polite with me, but firm (which to me is a good thing). I trust her completely and even though I've moved 4 hours north I still drive down to see her. To me she is always ahead of the literature, so I'm thankful she is continuously researching the field. I feel very lucky to have her as a doctor.

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Raben about twenty years. She came highly recommended to me and I have recommended her highly ever since. KLV

|  She's wonderful  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2010

The office is well organized, wait time is very short, the staff are thoughtful and caring and Dr. Raben is perhaps the most competent and caring Doctor I've ever had! I feel extremely fortunate to have found her and I trust her completely.

|  Clean Office, Professional Staff, Mean Doctor  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Raben for several years because I saw that she had good ratings and was female. I did like her office because it was very clean and organized and so was her staff. However the doctor herself was very mean since day one. I thought she was just a strict doctor, but no, I felt verbally abused. She wouldn't let me finish what I was saying and just yell at me. It was really hard for me with my poor English skills but I tried my best, but she continued to yell at me. She was angry all the time and gave me a lot of stress emotionally. One day she yelled so much I left crying. When I got home I changed my primary care physician.

|  Dr. Raben is wonderful  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2009

Dr. Raben is a wonderful intelligent, caring physician. I hope she never retires.