Dr. Karen Rehder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Rehder?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Karen Rehder?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2016

Retired Educator

Dr. Rehder is the consummate physician. She is kind, gentle, concerned, knowledgeable, and spends time with you. After being a patient of a truly insensitive gynecologist, Dr.Rehder was a breath of fresh air! Her manner and explanation of medical procedures is concise and puts one at ease. I am so glad I am a patient of hers!

February 14th, 2015

I have moved on to another doctor. Being pushed with anti-anxiety pills is not why I came to this appointment.

July 24th, 2012

Unfortunately I found myself with a scary issue when I realized Dr. Rehder is not for me.

Id seen Dr. Rehder twice before I found a bloody discharge from my nipple and never thought much about her bedside manner, wait time over or overall ease of appointments. I called from a business trip with my concerns, the office was polite and offered to see me as soon as I got back. As scared as I was I insisted my Fianc come with me to the appointment and we both sat scared for over an hour while she meet with pharma reps and other patients. Upon finally seeing the doctor she took no longer then 5 minutes to tell me I needed to have surgery, gave me vague instructions on who to contact at another hospital and sent my teary eyed self away. Turns out a new birthcontrol, she prescribed a few months earlier, was the culprit and since I have high deductible insurance the $90 visit to look at me, plus the $300 test at the hospital and the $110 I spent to have that Dr tell me I am fine was all of out my pocket. There was no follow up if I was okay, if I had any kind of surgery or anything. Months later I received my postcard it was time to return- that reminded me to write this review.

February 2nd, 2011

Nice person--too quick to opt for surgery

I was a patient of Dr. Rehders and she was very fast to push me towards a hysterectomy for heavy bleeding-which I declined. She offered me a prescription for an anti-anxiety pill because she though I was too anxious--I still have that prescription. I was anxious because I was reading about the latest methods for treating fibroids-- and I felt she was kind of bullying me towards hysterectomy. That was 10 years ago--the new Doctor I went to used a more 'wait and see' approach--and I used natural progesterone cream for bleeding--in time with menopause the fibroids decreased. That Dr. retired--and even my new Dr. does NOT recommend hysterectomy for the remaining fibroids. I look at that un-filled anxiety pill prescription with pride that I did some of my own research and got that second opinion. Other than this--I thought she was very nice person--and I liked the people in her office. They were wonderful at that time. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

October 7th, 2010

Dr. Rehder is a Wonderful Physician

I've been a patient of Dr. Rehder's for more than 14 years and I drive more than 2 hours just to get to her office. I have had surgery with her and her expertise and care were excellent. She has a way of making you feel that she's there just for you. Many times there is a wait in her office but rest assured that she will spend enough time with you when your appointment starts. Her care of me has been excellent even in referring me to a different doctor for another problem that I needed taken care of. Her treatment is very caring, non critical, pleasant, and professional. I wouldn't go to another gynecologist.

August 5th, 2017