inactive

Karen T Robertson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

no change

January 24th, 2016
Worst Dr. EVER! She has horrible bedside manner and is definitely NOT good with children. My 4yr old is now terrified of eye doctors.....The front desk lady was rude and so was the assistant. I walked out feeling very upset that I allowed such dramatic experience to happen to my child. She should maybe rethink being a pediatric anything bc she sucks with kids.

August 14th, 2015
Insurance fraud
Unable to communicate with the doctor. The phone number to her office is an answering service that only schedules appointments, their billing is done by Marcy who is extremely rude & the administrator who is the one in charge is "Maria" however, you can only email her and she will never respond. Office staff is extremely rude.

March 21st, 2015
Dr.robertson is awesome I have had her sense I was a baby and never left her. She great with me I had some surgeries with her and one of her assistants did a different surgery. I haven't left her im pleased with her and recommend people to her

February 21st, 2015
I was referred to this doctor by my son's pediatrician after he glued his eyelid shut. While I held my son in my lap, she covered the glued eye, and watched how his good eye moved/focused. She then said that she was going to cover the other eye. Instead, without warning, she leaned in and started trying to pull the glued eye open. My 2 year old was screaming and thrashing. Her response was to tersely bark at me to keep him still. She gave up after a few minutes and told me that I needed to see her partner. She never told me her partner's name, and when I asked where he was located, she said she didn't know where he would be the following day. I later found out that he operates out of 3 different offices, but she wouldn't even give me a ballpark of where any of the offices were located. In fact, I only found out about the 3 locations because I looked it up on my own later. I still don't know what she wanted me to see her partner for. She never communicated any part of a treatment plan for my son with me. She simply told me to expect a call from the other practice, and not to let my son eat or drink before his appointment. To me, that seems to be anesthesia instructions, but that's based on my own experiences, and conjecture from the doctor I saw for a second opinion. While I was still trying to figure out what was going on, she looked past me, to her tech and told her to move me to the waiting room so they could get someone else into the exam room. It's hard to convey tone online, but I felt dismissed, and that she saw my son not as a frightened child in need of medical care, but rather as an inconvenient source of income.

February 17th, 2015
Got my son in immediately and set up next appointment with Neuro ophthalmologist ASAP.

April 24th, 2014
Dad of patient
Dr is extremely competent. I find her to be a miracle dr who was saved our child who was born legally blind. She is an excellent surgeon and we have continued going to her for 20 years. She is all business and some May mistake that for not being very friendly. If you want the best of medical car for your eyes, she is top doctor.

February 12th, 2014
Educator
So I saw Dr. Robertson today. I am an in home educator for a little boy with special needs. The little one I work with suffers from Autism along side many other health issues. Being at the dr is a very stressful situation for this child. This was told to staff before even getting to the appointment. The way we were treated by Dr. Robertson was terrible. My student was having a very hard time and was very up regulated. After she called his outburst a tantrum she told us she didn't have time to wait out his tantrum! His mother and I were stunned at the comment and her shear rudeness. Needless to say we left. A healthcare provider of all ppl should have patience. She is clearly not the dr for us. I suggest if you have a child who needs some extra tlc or patience to go elsewhere. Horrible experience.

January 20th, 2014
Mother
For being a "pediatric" doctor, she has no bedside manner for children. She even tried to reprimand my other child for his curiosity in his younger brother's exam. It is NOT her job to discipline my children. She gives no information unless you drag it out of her and then she speaks to you in a condescending way as if your a moron for not sharing her insight. She charged me $50 to look at my son's eyes with a flashlight and then her office staff could not give me an itemized statement letting me know what I was being billed for. I would not recommend this doctor for pediatric patients.

August 30th, 2013
PATIENT
DR ROBERTSON IS A SERIOUS DOCTOR WHO KNOWS HER STUFF. IF YOU NEED A DIAGNOSIS FOR AN EYE CONDITION SHE IS THE PERSON TO DO IT. HER CREDENTIALS ARE TOP NOTCH. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT HER STAFF DOESN'T REFLECT THE LEVEL OF CARE THAT SHE PROVIDES.

April 1st, 2013
Front office individual is rude. Wait time is horrible they never are on time.

August 16th, 2012
.Find somewhere else to go.
This Dr was horrible with my children, and the office staff is not helpful, rude, and deficient. I would look somewhere else before ever considering this Dr.

May 7th, 2012
I'll be looking for a different doctor
I took my child for an exam and we had a very unhappy experience. The doctor told me my son was uncooperative - he's not even 2! Of course he's uncooperative! - and had a terrible bedside manner. She didn't try to connect with him or me at all, and seemed annoyed by my child. I wish I'd just left and not put him through that experience - I don't think this doctor is very good with children.