Dr. Karen Scanlan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2017
Top Notch!!
1 of the BEST if not THE Best in Boston.

March 20th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Scanlan since she took over after Dr. Schreiber retired years ago and have been very pleased with her.

November 10th, 2015
I think she is a great doctor very caring and would recommend her to any person looking for a very good Doctor.

July 13th, 2015
Worst experience ever!! Don't choose her she has no bedside manor!! Saw her 2 different times & she was very dismissive!! Her solution to everything was to send me to the ER rather than treat me!

July 5th, 2013
Highly recommend Dr. Scanlan
I have been a patient of Dr. Scanlan's for over 5 years now. Previously I had another female doctor in the same practice that treated me like every symptom/concern I had was always something emotional or in my head. Dr. Scanlan has NEVER treated me like this. She listens to everything I say and asks thorough questions. She has never rushed me and seems genuinely concerned for me when I have had problems. She may not have the most bubbly personality, but that is not what I value for my physician. Give me intelligence and thoroughness any day. I highly recommend Dr. Scanlan, and her secretary Elaine is also very thorough, caring and will get back to you as promised.

October 30th, 2012
Just make sure if you are having CT Scan or other xrays thru this office that you keep calling till appointment set. Double check time and date. Offic personnnel can be lax on this..

November 7th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Scanlan has been my Primary Care Physician for many years. Two years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I then learned that Dr. Scanlan is a medical oncologist. She was knowledgeable, caring, available for any questions I had and a great resource for comfort and information. My oncologist for treatment was in Boston and she was included every step of the way. I would have had her as my oncologist but my health plan doesn't allow for her to be my Primary Care Physician as well as my oncologist. I am very grateful to have her as my doctor.

April 28th, 2011
no prefer
I hope I am not see her any more. Very rush, no more than 3 minites. Even it is an anual check out. no word, need a new doctor asap. If I could, I will give '0' star.

June 30th, 2008
I cannot recommend this doctor. I have been a patient of hers for three years and am currently looking for a new doctor. She rushes through your visit, and leaves me feeling as though she makes rash determinations of your problem. I feel as though questions are a bother and that I am rushed out the door as soon as I have entered. Its just pills and bills!

December 6th, 2016