Dr. Karen Schell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 5th, 2016
Super friendly
Very friendly office. Caring and compassionate are words I would use to describe the Doctor as well as her staff. Although the Dr was busy, she took the time to answer all of my questions.

February 24th, 2016
Dr. Schell has made my appointments comfortable and easy. The office has minimal wait time. I drive an hour and a half just to see her for my annual appointment. If you live in the Georgetown/Lexington area she is one of the best OBGYN's around.

April 22nd, 2015
Dr. Schell is very professional. I appreciate the time she takes in responding to my questions and concerns.

July 11th, 2014
Avoid Schell
My husband and I have had two bad experiences with Dr. Schell and are switching providers because she is not only incompetent but completely rude. At both appointments the RN was far more helpful and all Dr. Schell did was smile nod and rush us out. She ignored our questions and completely acted like my husband wasn't even in the room, even when he tried to engage her. She never found the fetal heart rate, at all, after using several dopplers and an ultrasound, and brushed me off when I asked her what the heart rate was, saying, "I don't know, but it's fine, I can tell." She seemed to lack even the most basic interest in her job and doesn't seem interested in building a rapport with her patients. Our advice is to use another MD with more experience, having a child is stressful enough without a having to cope with a Dr as negligent as Schell.

August 29th, 2011
Waited 2 and 1/2 hours without so much as sorry for the wait.
Waited 2 and 1/2 hours and no one ever said I am sorry that you had to wait so long... daughter felt like doctor was rude uncaring and the examination was odd, got very bad vibes from her and wonder if she is in the closet.

January 21st, 2011
Dr Schell is no doubt the BEST doctor I have ever had! She cares about her patients! I most definately would reccomend her to anyone looking for a great doctor!