Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

University of Kentucky
Lexington OB-GYN Associates
1760 Nicholasville Rd
Ste 101
Lexington, KY 40503
859-278-0396
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Avoid Schell  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2014

My husband and I have had two bad experiences with Dr. Schell and are switching providers because she is not only incompetent but completely rude. At both appointments the RN was far more helpful and all Dr. Schell did was smile nod and rush us out. She ignored our questions and completely acted like my husband wasn't even in the room, even when he tried to engage her. She never found the fetal heart rate, at all, after using several dopplers and an ultrasound, and brushed me off when I asked her what the heart rate was, saying, "I don't know, but it's fine, I can tell." She seemed to lack even the most basic interest in her job and doesn't seem interested in building a rapport with her patients. Our advice is to use another MD with more experience, having a child is stressful enough without a having to cope with a Dr as negligent as Schell.

|  Would not recommend - not experienced  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

On several occasions I'd wait for 30minutes to 1 hour before even being seen by the nurse, let alone Dr. Schell. I was referred to Dr. Schell for a more thorough OB/GYN treatment. However, the Dr. never knew, informed me or discovered that I had fibroids (after 2 years of care) until I was 6 weeks pregnant. At that time Dr. Schell stated that she would monitor my fibroids closely for growth but never did. At 14 weeks pregnant I had a miscarriage and Dr. Schell referred me out to 3 different doctors because she couldn't perform the surgery needed to remove my baby. She is young, inexperienced and unknowledgeable in a lot of facets. She will passify you with a smile, a head nod as if she cares and understands and send you on your way after a 2 minute discussion. Don't expect her to follow-up with as she says she would. I waited 6 weeks for test results and never heard a word from her or her staff. I ended up finding another doctor that was more experienced and actually cared about my needs and wants to have children. Dr. Schell will force birth control after birth control on you. Avoid her at all costs!! Also, she will charge you for services not even rendered!!

|  Waited 2 and 1/2 hours without so much as sorry for the wait.  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Waited 2 and 1/2 hours and no one ever said I am sorry that you had to wait so long... daughter felt like doctor was rude uncaring and the examination was odd, got very bad vibes from her and wonder if she is in the closet.

|  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr Schell is no doubt the BEST doctor I have ever had! She cares about her patients! I most definately would reccomend her to anyone looking for a great doctor!