A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Shimshak:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Shimshak, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Shimshak, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Tear Duct Problems
Education & Awards
Dr. Shimshak graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Shimshak has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - All Saints
- St. Mary's Hospital-Milwaukee
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen S Shimshak MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Karen S. Shimshak practice?
- Dr. Karen Shimshak has 4 office locations.
Dr. Karen Shimshak practices Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology near Milwaukee, WI.
Additional practice locations include: Mount Pleasant, WI and Thiensville, WI.
See Milwaukee Ophthalmologists.