Cautious and well thought out show details Cautious and well thought out
by mjk on Aug 20th, 2013

Our son has had to have eye surgeries for his lazy eye. We felt the care we received from Dr. Shimshak was cautious and accurate. She answers our questions and explains what is to be expected during his course of treatment.

Bring your little ones elsewhere... show details Bring your little ones elsewhere...
Jan 11th, 2012

Very minimal time spent with us. Very big charges for services hardly rendered.Very nice to us until questioned about it, phone calls not returned :(

Doctor's Response

Inaccurate review. Always spend as much time as required to explain patient's condition and treatment.

Anonymous show details Anonymous
Sep 20th, 2011

I was very happy and glad to be redirected to Dr.Shimshak. She has excellente staff which greet everyone with respect. I was initially refered to "a great" ophthomologist who never explained in detail what was wrong with my childs eyes (very important organ of the body). I went to Dr. Shimshak for a second opinion and she explained EVERYTHING in detail with pictures and handouts. Would highly recommend her!!!!!!!!

anonymous show details anonymous
Jun 11th, 2011

She is kind of short with my visits. She claimed my daughter had all these problems when others tell me she's fine. She made her have surgery when she was 2 years old. I am looking for a second opinion.

Doctor's Response

I explained patient condition in extensive detail and parent may not have understood that the children's vision system and condition were explained in detail. Conditions not present are never misleadingly attributed to any patient.

WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!! show details WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!
by Courtney M on Apr 23rd, 2010

Dr. Shimshak is great with children and very caring. She is patient and explains things in very simple terms that are easy to understand. I would highly recommend her!