Karen Slater MD Patient Reviews

1.6
  • 6 reviews

March 21st, 2012
Unprofessional
"I had a very bad experience with this doctor. Paid her upfront fees of several hundred dollars and she basically decided that she didn't want to help me. She offered me some referrals to some other doctors. She kept the $400.00 Find someone else.

May 6th, 2011
No Office Staff whatsoever, just the Doctor and her cell phone. Unsure how she makes a living but acts like this is her part-time job, though $400.00/hour initially, forget about it.

April 6th, 2011
Really...?...
Is she really a Doctor? Called four times over a two week period, received one call back from her about an issue. If she needs you, you had better listen but if you try to reach or contact her, good luck. I think she's semi-retired in her mind, patients come last. There are other Doctors in the Area, much better.

April 3rd, 2011
Asked me 4 times about insurance. Payment up-front demanded and could not have cared less about a proper diagnosis. Kurt and condescending. A one woman show who's more worried about her fees and ensuring you never overstay your 50minute appointment. If this is your only choice stay home save money and take care of yourself.

January 27th, 2011
Disappointing. Not effective and I would not recommend.

December 14th, 2009
Bad Experience
I had a very bad experience with this doctor. She charged the usual, high price for a first session (a few hundred dollars)- didn't want to write any prescriptions for anything (though I've had my diagnosis for over ten years, and across a variety of doctors). But that wasn't really the problem. The biggest problem was that she called me later and told me she didn't want to be my doctor (the severity of my depression was apparently more than she was comfortable dealing with. She said she normally worked with children.) She didn't offer to refund the hundreds of dollars I gave her, just offered me useless referrals to other doctors (who would, of course, *also* charge me a few hundred dollars for their initial session. Though hopefully they would accept the great medical challenge of treating my depression and ADD.)