M.D., FACOG

11212 State Highway 151
Ste 200
San Antonio, TX 78251
210-696-2496
Locations and availability (1)

|  Patient  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

I have used Dr. Allsup for 2 of my children and the care has been the best. I have also had to work w/ Dr. Cajas and Dr. Alonye and all are extremely competent

Aug 9th, 2012

Dr. Allsup is wonderful. She is very caring and listens to everything you are concerned about. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. I called the office because I had an issue and I got a return call from the nurse very quickly. Excellent facility overall.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Allsup she is kind, courteous, and most importantly knowledgeable Doctor. I had her for my second pregnancy will have her care for me on any other pregnancies i have in the future. She was always caring and kept me informed of what was going on during my pregnancy

|  STAFF-Office AWFUL  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

The staff here is awful. This doctor does NOT allow children in her office or waiting room. I was asked rudely to take myself and my children out of the office until it was my turn. Even though there were other parents there with a 6 year old and others with infants. I have a infant and a 4 year old. I was never told over the phone on the initial call and reminder phone call that children are not allowed. If i had known i would not have gone here or I would of made arrangements. To my surprise the staff is horrible at customer service. They are rude and unfair. I believe this office needs new management. I dont know but the doctors need to be careful because their staff will be costing them a lot of customers if this continues. I personally would never waste my hard earned money here. I care about my family. I thought OBGYN's were suppose to care about families or at least the patients who are expecting... you tell me.. in my opinion do not go to these offices.

Mar 28th, 2011

Dr. Allsup is very caring, I loved having her for my Doctor.

|  Doctor superb staff a downer!!!  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I really love love love Karen Allsup! I just dont like the staff! no one is ever smiling. They make you sit and wait forever while they are overly concerned about their personal lives. I have even been forgetten about before. The first nurse that takes you back is even in a worse mood and you can tell hates her job....never happy! Karens nurse is nice and friendly and helpful thankfully!!! I think her and Karen are the only happy people in the office! Its just getting back to the examine room that is rough!

Mar 8th, 2010

Dr. Allsup is a good doctor, but I am switching doctors because her nursing and office staff with the exception of a few is pretty bad.

|  jennifer  |  show details
by Jennifer on Feb 3rd, 2010

Dr. Allsup has been one of the most caring and patient doctors I know. During my pregnancy I had many complication and she helped me through every one of them. She is a great OBGYN. If you like a doctor that is human and willing to spend time with you to explain problems and concerns...she is the one. I have recommended her to many friends and family members.

|  Great Doc, needs new staff  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2010

I had no problem getting an appointment with Dr. Allsup but I have had to hound her nurse for follow up care both times I've needed it. The first time, I had to found her over and over for some referral info Dr. Allsup said she'd get me. This time, I've been waiting two weeks for the nurse to get me a prescription refill that I absolutely need. My pharmacy has faxed and called them five times now--I called and was promised the prescription would be called in that day--three days ago. I'm back to hounding them. Thinking about going to the office to complain directly to Dr. Allsup. I hate to drop her because of her nurse but I'm thinking I need to.

|  Very Professional, Caring and Uses Excellant Lab Techniques  |  show details
by Linda on Mar 2nd, 2009

I would highly recommend Dr. Allsup, she diagnoised me when no one in twenty five years was able to.

|  Frustrating  |  show details
by ac on Aug 15th, 2008

You are taken to a room very quickly (10min) but then spend around an hour or two waiting...She comes in and is very caring a cordial...but seems to be in such a rush. She seems to schedule too many patients because she is always running late yet always rushing. She could be such a great doctor if she would realize this.