Dr. Karen Allsup MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

March 9th, 2016
Great Doctor, inconsiderate staff
I absolutely love Dr. Allsup she is wonderfull. She will sit down with you to answer all your questions, very nice. However, her staff is slow my baby is due any day now an they have had my fmla paperwork for 3 weeks now. This is crazy didn't think it would take so long to get a simple paper filled out. I've been asking for my paperwork an the only response I get is it takes a while for it to get filled out. I've also explained to them that I'm due any day now an they don't care. That is just rediculous!

February 9th, 2016
Great Doctor
Although I spent almost an hour waiting to be called in for my vitals I had the best experience with Dr. Allsup. She really sat down and listened to me and answered all my questions. She was very nice and caring not like my last OB that was just rushing out the door leaving me wondering what the heck just happened. I would definitely recomend Dr.Allsup to my friends and family.

February 25th, 2015
Relaxing Dr, LONG wait time
Dr. Allsup is very nice, but her wait time is extremely long. Also it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of the nurse on the phone. She almost never answers and you need to leave a message, and sometimes they'll respond late or nothing at all.

September 5th, 2012
Patient
I have used Dr. Allsup for 2 of my children and the care has been the best. I have also had to work w/ Dr. Cajas and Dr. Alonye and all are extremely competent

August 9th, 2012
Dr. Allsup is wonderful. She is very caring and listens to everything you are concerned about. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. I called the office because I had an issue and I got a return call from the nurse very quickly. Excellent facility overall.

June 6th, 2012
Great Doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Allsup she is kind, courteous, and most importantly knowledgeable Doctor. I had her for my second pregnancy will have her care for me on any other pregnancies i have in the future. She was always caring and kept me informed of what was going on during my pregnancy

September 27th, 2011
STAFF-Office AWFUL
The staff here is awful. This doctor does NOT allow children in her office or waiting room. I was asked rudely to take myself and my children out of the office until it was my turn. Even though there were other parents there with a 6 year old and others with infants. I have a infant and a 4 year old. I was never told over the phone on the initial call and reminder phone call that children are not allowed. If i had known i would not have gone here or I would of made arrangements. To my surprise the staff is horrible at customer service. They are rude and unfair. I believe this office needs new management. I dont know but the doctors need to be careful because their staff will be costing them a lot of customers if this continues. I personally would never waste my hard earned money here. I care about my family. I thought OBGYN's were suppose to care about families or at least the patients who are expecting... you tell me.. in my opinion do not go to these offices.

March 28th, 2011
Dr. Allsup is very caring, I loved having her for my Doctor.

January 11th, 2011
Doctor superb staff a downer!!!
I really love love love Karen Allsup! I just dont like the staff! no one is ever smiling. They make you sit and wait forever while they are overly concerned about their personal lives. I have even been forgetten about before. The first nurse that takes you back is even in a worse mood and you can tell hates her job....never happy! Karens nurse is nice and friendly and helpful thankfully!!! I think her and Karen are the only happy people in the office! Its just getting back to the examine room that is rough!

March 8th, 2010
Dr. Allsup is a good doctor, but I am switching doctors because her nursing and office staff with the exception of a few is pretty bad.

February 3rd, 2010
jennifer
Dr. Allsup has been one of the most caring and patient doctors I know. During my pregnancy I had many complication and she helped me through every one of them. She is a great OBGYN. If you like a doctor that is human and willing to spend time with you to explain problems and concerns...she is the one. I have recommended her to many friends and family members.

January 14th, 2010
Great Doc, needs new staff
I had no problem getting an appointment with Dr. Allsup but I have had to hound her nurse for follow up care both times I've needed it. The first time, I had to found her over and over for some referral info Dr. Allsup said she'd get me. This time, I've been waiting two weeks for the nurse to get me a prescription refill that I absolutely need. My pharmacy has faxed and called them five times now--I called and was promised the prescription would be called in that day--three days ago. I'm back to hounding them. Thinking about going to the office to complain directly to Dr. Allsup. I hate to drop her because of her nurse but I'm thinking I need to.